Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven F
United States
wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Page 9 says:
If you have one or more avatars on the board, each of these avatars must login to a server node before spawning another Avatar.

i.e., before spawning in a new avatar, all existing avatars in play must be on servers, even if they are on networks not connected to the one you want to spawn you new avatar into.

Is this rule correct or should it instead have been stated:

If you have one or more avatars in a network, each of these avatars must login to a server before spawning another Avatar into that network.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hansell
United States
Rocklin
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi - I understand the difference in the two scenarios but I don't see a reason to change the rule to be network specific? I am sorry to say that I don't know why Mr. Kennerly chose the entire board as opposed to a single network for the rule.

Do you see an advantage to the game to change it? It seems that if you change it you pretty much gut the rule since it is very easy to make a single tile network that could then spawn avatars.

Thanks, Peter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven F
United States
wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Peteloaf wrote:
It seems that if you change it you pretty much gut the rule since it is very easy to make a single tile network that could then spawn avatars.

Unless I am misunderstanding the rules, according to the page 9 rules it says you can only spawn into a network where you already have an avatar.

e.g.Once all your Avatars are on servers, you may place a new Avatar on any empty client in the same network as one of you existing Avatars.

Therefore you could not create a single tile network, then spawn a new avatar into it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hansell
United States
Rocklin
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Well that is what I get for answering too quickly! ouch
I think we should leave the rule as stated unless there is an advantage to changing it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven F
United States
wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for the response.

The page 9 rule about having to spawn into a Network already occupied by a friendly avatar is what made me think spawning was a Network thing and not a Board thing - if that makes sense.

The distinction between the 2 approaches would only come into play when trying to place a third Avatar so I guess playing it one way or the other doesn't make much difference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.