Subject: Stoneguard and Recurve Bow rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Moak
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would a Stoneguard equipped with a Recurve Bow still receive the Attack bonus for being equipped if he were attacking a monster in Rank 1 (which the Recurve Bow can't attack)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles the Dragon
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to what I read in the rules, two things are happening:

1. He is equipped.
2. The weapon equipped doesn't effect Rank 1.

I think they are two, separate, states that the rules address independently. Therefore, I would think he still gets his attack bonus from being equipped but not the Recurve Bow's attack bonus.

Better than nothing, I suppose. The rules even say that a hero is still "equipped" even if the weapon is removed by some other effect in the battle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Metzler
United States
Glendale
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
"Are you pondering what I'm pondering Pinky?"
badge
"Wuhhh... I think so, Brain, but if a ham can operate a radio, why can't a pig set a VCR?"
mbmbmbmbmb
nilihanth wrote:
According to what I read in the rules, two things are happening:

1. He is equipped.
2. The weapon equipped doesn't effect Rank 1.

I think they are two, separate, states that the rules address independently. Therefore, I would think he still gets his attack bonus from being equipped but not the Recurve Bow's attack bonus.

Better than nothing, I suppose. The rules even say that a hero is still "equipped" even if the weapon is removed by some other effect in the battle.

This is an official answer:

Correct. He still gets his bonus for being equipped, but would not get the bonus from the bow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.