Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Drew Gormley
United States
Northborough
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a lover of all things heavyweight strategy!
mbmbmbmbmb
The example in the rulebook, I believe, shows only one row of outer (3rd) area hexes. Can you just keep exploring out behind your starting hex, or are you confined to that one outer row?

I have yet to play the game but read the rulebook a few times. Thanks for the help in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Hall
United Kingdom
Yate
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can explore as you like in the outer ring, there are no limits barring wormhole connections.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Gormley
United States
Northborough
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a lover of all things heavyweight strategy!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the speedy reply

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DreadFuzzy wrote:
You can explore as you like in the outer ring, there are no limits barring wormhole connections.

But remember that you only use a fairly small number of area III hexes, based on the number of players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tery McAlister

Louisiana
msg tools
Unlimited ... until you run out of Sector 3 hexes that is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niels Taatgen
Netherlands
Groningen
Groningen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maeltne wrote:

Or out of table...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Speare
United States
Bedford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
tee hee, that tickles!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
The "example of a four player game in progress" on page 15 shows multiple outer rows, as does item [5] in the "Action Phase Example" on page 16 (although a tile is not placed, the hex selected is in "ring 4").

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Berger
United States
Round Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
niels wrote:
Maeltne wrote:

Or out of table...

Yeah, I have yet to meet anyone with an infinite table. And if you did have one, wouldn't it be hard to reach your pieces in the center of it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volker S.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
arkayn wrote:
Yeah, I have yet to meet anyone with an infinite table. And if you did have one, wouldn't it be hard to reach your pieces in the center of it?

If you have access to infinite tables, you probably also know how to grow an infinte arm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
VolkoV wrote:
arkayn wrote:

If you have access to infinite tables, you probably also know how to grow an infinte arm.

Or powers of telekenisis, or maybe you play suspended from the ceiling.

Or maybe you've developed a sentient AI for Eclipse so you just have to tell it what to do. As a bonus, you get a free Mechanaema player with every game...goo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Chuckle
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Making a line of outer hexes going away from the center might win you the game. If you build orbitals/monoliths too. The possibility of an attack reaching that far corner of space is almost non-existent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
Turns out Esseb did touch the flag. Don't tell him I said so though.
mbmbmbmbmb
Charliechuckleberry wrote:
Making a line of outer hexes going away from the center might win you the game. If you build orbitals/monoliths too. The possibility of an attack reaching that far corner of space is almost non-existent.

Usually the sector III hexes have very few wormhole connections on, this usually makes it harder to create straight lines of sectors away from the center.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Apostle Green
United States
Lake County
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
That is not dead which can eternal lie
mbmbmbmbmb
Philip Thomas wrote:
VolkoV wrote:
arkayn wrote:

Or powers of telekenisis, or maybe you play suspended from the ceiling.

Or maybe you've developed a sentient AI for Eclipse so you just have to tell it what to do. As a bonus, you get a free Mechanaema player with every game...goo

Or you sit directly on the infinite table within arm's reach of the pieces...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.