United States
Fall River
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Another year, another support drive, another silly Over text
badge
Which way to the nearest cliff?
mbmbmbmbmb
Did the cost of ad block change? I contributed $15 this year and have been seeing ads all along. Today I saw a forum thread about a Tanga deal and went to look for the link and realized it wasn't there. When I checked my profile I saw that I had ad block active Through next year.

To be clear I'm ok with the ad block on, the pages load much better on an iPad without the ads. I was just surprised to have it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eetu Vuokko
Finland
Vantaa
flag msg tools
I has a monocle!
badge
Ah, a brand new monocle.
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess if you've contributed $15 on 2011-02-19 and $15 on 2012-01-07, you have contributed $30 in one year. If you would have paid this years contribution say in march, I don't know if you would have had the ad block.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Pizio
United States
Fall River
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I suppose that may be. It seems a little "gamey" though.

It is using a Jan 2013 expiration date.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Tullsen
United States
Tigard
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Road goes ever on and on Down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, And I must follow, if I can, Pursuing it with eager feet, Until it joins some larger way Where many paths and errands meet.
badge
Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.
mbmbmbmbmb
spizio wrote:
I suppose that may be. It seems a little "gamey" though.

It is using a Jan 2013 expiration date.

Its not automatic. You have to configure it in your adblock settings!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
You do have to switch it on but I though it was $25 and had been for some time?

Quote:
If you spend $25.00 or more, then you will be able to disable advertisements on the site.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Tullsen
United States
Tigard
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Road goes ever on and on Down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, And I must follow, if I can, Pursuing it with eager feet, Until it joins some larger way Where many paths and errands meet.
badge
Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.
mbmbmbmbmb
monkeyhandz wrote:
You do have to switch it on but I though it was $25 and had been for some time?

Quote:
If you spend $25.00 or more, then you will be able to disable advertisements on the site.

Yes I believe it is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Pizio
United States
Fall River
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I gave $15 in Feb 2011 and the same in Jan 2012. It appears to be considering this $25+ within a single year, unless someone can tell me otherwise. Oddly instead of expiring in Feb of this year it is going till Jan of 2013.

I have had ad lock in the past and had to activate it. It seems this time it defaulted to being on. Perhaps because it was set to be on when it expired 2 years ago?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Tullsen
United States
Tigard
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
spizio wrote:
I gave $15 in Feb 2011 and the same in Jan 2012. It appears to be considering this $25+ within a single year, unless someone can tell me otherwise. Oddly instead of expiring in Feb of this year it is going till Jan of 2013.

yeah, same here

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.