Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Don Brandt
United States
Manchester
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just found this and didn't see any talk on BGG about this app. Has it been out long? Are there any reviews? It's free!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Nathan
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/753650/ios-version

http://boardgamegeek.com/article/8289554#8289554

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/665185/dominion-for-ipho...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atticus Gifford
United States
Glendale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Phew! I just about had a heart attack when I started that free one and it dumped me into a plain text console with generic buttons. I thought Rio Grande Grames had really dropped the ball with a potentially lucrative property.

That said, I'm really surprised they've let that version stay up with their copyrighted artwork diluting the brand. If I hadn't read those threads, I would have written it off, and I'm a big fan! Someone else wouldn't have known the difference when the real app came out later and given it a skip.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald X.
United States
flag msg tools
designer
atticus wrote:
That said, I'm really surprised they've let that version stay up with their copyrighted artwork diluting the brand. If I hadn't read those threads, I would have written it off, and I'm a big fan! Someone else wouldn't have known the difference when the real app came out later and given it a skip.

My understanding is that it will soon be changed to be clear that it's not official. I think it will end up still having the art, due to it not being clear back when that they couldn't use it, which is the same deal with Board Game Arena.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Lupo
United States
ALEXANDRIA
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
donaldx wrote:
atticus wrote:

My understanding is that it will soon be changed to be clear that it's not official. I think it will end up still having the art, due to it not being clear back when that they couldn't use it, which is the same deal with Board Game Arena.

I think this is what bothers me the most. "brand confusion". I refuse to even download this free dominion app. I don't want my download to increase it's download rate and visibility.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.