Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Warren Tutwiler
United States
Centerville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When does drawing a Treasure Card occur? Specifically, is it still the Hero Phase, or is it sort of "in-between" the Hero Phase and the Exploration Phase?

The reason I ask is because some "play immediately" cards could be beneficial on the same Hero Phase they are drawn, particularly those that allow an attack that doesn't count as an attack action. The throwing shield comes to mind.

Another example is the wizard's spheres, which specifically trigger at the end of the Hero Phase; the wizard could have already killed a monster using his attack, thus drawing a Treasure Card before the spheres activate, which would seem to imply that the Treasure can also be used before the spheres.

I've played it that you cannot use a treasure immediately, as if the Hero Phase has already ended, but I would like to hear other opinions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave C
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You draw it as soon as the monster goes to zero hit points.

An card that says, "Play immediately" goes into affect right away and then last until the end of that player's NEXT Hero Phase.

I suppose an item card could theoretically be played at the same Hero Phase.. but the key with items is to decide who gets it... you can give it to anyone when you draw the card.. but after that you can't trade the items around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vayda
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
https://sites.google.com/site/cnjxwing/home
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, as soon as the first monster of your hero phase bites it, you draw.

Just like when you roll a 20 and kill a monster, it's XP can be used for leveling.

Edit-- the adventure system timing is easier thought of from the viewpoint of an anolog video game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Tutwiler
United States
Centerville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to you both!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.