7 Posts

Hansa Teutonica» Forums » Rules

Subject: using bonus markers at the end of my turn rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sugar Zombie
United States
flag msg tools
if i have only 2 actions and i use my 2nd/final action to claim a route that earns me a bonus marker, can i use that bonus marker on that same turn (i.e. the +3 actions marker to take 3 more action on that same turn)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ludlow
United States
Saint Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Teravos wrote:
If you pick up the marker on your last action of the turn, then you can't use the marker. If you get it during the turn as part of any other action, then its fair for use.

This is incorrect. As long as the game has not ended, you may use a bonus marker that you claimed on the last action of your turn. You may not, ever, use a bonus marker during the same action that you claim it. Once that action is over, it's fair game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
This question comes up periodically, especially for those who decide not to look at the previous posts in the rules forum

From the mouth of the designer:

Re: When can you use Bonus Markers?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sugar Zombie
United States
flag msg tools
sorry, i missed that there were more pages of threads. good reference to the game designer, btw. thank you for the help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
sugarzombie wrote:
sorry, i missed that there were more pages of threads. good reference to the game designer, btw. thank you for the help.

And you can sort the threads by type, for example click on rules and it just shows you the rules threads, 3 pages, which is a little more manageable to browse through

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it correct that the final bonus marker taken from the board cannot be used, since when you win a bonus marker you have to take a bonus marker from stock to replace it and the game end immediately when a bonus marker needs to be drawn but can't be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
frumpish wrote:
Is it correct that the final bonus marker taken from the board cannot be used, since when you win a bonus marker you have to take a bonus marker from stock to replace it and the game end immediately when a bonus marker needs to be drawn but can't be.

Yes, that is correct.

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.