Popular Tags: asljr_rsp [+] [View All]
Shane Brewer
United States
Monticello
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I seem to remember that it is possible to shoot into a Melee hex, but can't find any reference to it, either in the SK1 Rulebook or ASL Ed. 2 Book. A little help would be appreciated.

Also, can units in a Melee use Defensive Fire on a moving stack outside the Melee hex?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Richardson
United States
Lindsborg
Kansas
flag msg tools
mb
The answers to both questions are found in ASLSK Rule 3.8, near the end of the rule (2nd para from the end in ASLSK #1; 3rd para from the end in ASLSK EP #1). Full ASL works the same way.

Shane Brewer wrote:
I seem to remember that it is possible to shoot into a Melee hex, but can't find any reference to it, either in the SK1 Rulebook or ASL Ed. 2 Book. A little help would be appreciated.

Yes: "Non-melee units may attack the melee units during a fire phase but all friendly and enemy units in the hex must be attacked."

Shane Brewer wrote:
Also, can units in a Melee use Defensive Fire on a moving stack outside the Melee hex?

No: "...they are considered to be locked in melee and may not conduct any activity other than CC, e.g., leave that location, make a fire attack, interdict routing units, etc."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Brewer
United States
Monticello
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Yes: "Non-melee units may attack the melee units during a fire phase but all friendly and enemy units in the hex must be attacked."

Cool. Thanks. Any reference for that both in the SK1 RB and the full RB? I'm just curious where I read it and why I can't find it.

BTW Jay, I'm using your tutorials extensively. They not only illustrate the rules very well but do a great job in describing the different reasons for the rules and the design choices. A must have for a new player. Thanks for putting them together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Richardson
United States
Lindsborg
Kansas
flag msg tools
mb
Shane Brewer wrote:
Any reference for that both in the SK1 RB and the full RB? I'm just curious where I read it and why I can't find it.

The reference that I gave is for both questions. The two rules quotations given come from the same paragraph in the ASLSK rules.

Similarly, in the full ASL rules, A11.15 answers both of your questions.

I'm glad that you are finding the tutorials to be helpful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Brewer
United States
Monticello
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
richfam wrote:
Shane Brewer wrote:
Any reference for that both in the SK1 RB and the full RB? I'm just curious where I read it and why I can't find it.

The reference that I gave is for both questions. The two rules quotations given come from the same paragraph in the ASLSK rules.

Similarly, in the full ASL rules, A11.15 answers both of your questions.

I'm glad that you are finding the tutorials to be helpful.

Helpful is an understatement. Essential is more like it since I'm completely teaching myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.