Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Boat
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there someone out there who can list all the different scenarios that score/remove victory points throughout the game? Preferable for both the basic and advanced game. As far as i can tell, theres no one spot in the rulebook that lists all of the VP conditions. Same with earning Alien Knowledge points.

At different points in the rulebook and this forum i read that the USA country token was worth 10 VP and 2 VP. Very confused how that could be interpreted at two such srastically different values.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacobo Cagigal Gonzalez
Spain
Santander
Cantabria
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Christopher,

There are two kinds of Victory Points in Target Earth, the Victory Points(VP) used in both the basic and the advanced games and the Player Victory Points (PVP), that are used only in the advanced game

VP are used to determine the outcome of the war, which side Allied or Alien wins the game, and are scored:
- When a country joins a side (add country's VP to the side)
- +2 VP to the ALlied side per successful Allied mission to an Alien country (rules page 15 for details)
- +1 VP to the Alien side per destroyed module after a UFO successfully attacks an allied base (rules page 16 for details)
The only way to remove VPs from a side is when an aligned country becomes neutral (this could happen through Rebellion, Allied mission to an Alien country or Alien mission to an Allied country).

PVPs are used to determine which faction wins the game in case of ALlied Victory. The way the PVPs can be earned are summarized at page 28 (back of the rules). Earned PVPs are secret until the end of game and are never lost.

Regarding USA, it is worth 10 VPs (I cannot find where it says is worth 2 VPs at the rulebook).

Regards,
Jacobo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Boat
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick response. Let me make sure i understand completely-

If aliens have control of USA and the allied forces succeed at a mission, turning it neutral, the aliens then lose 10 VP?
Then, if the allied forces use diplomacy to make the USA into an allied country, they then gain 10 VP?

Does this mean that each country's victory point value is equal to their diplomacy value?

As a side note:i think when i read 2 VP for USA it was my mistake. I must have mixed up USA's point value with the 2VP awarded for a successful allied mission against alien territory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacobo Cagigal Gonzalez
Spain
Santander
Cantabria
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand the scenario you describe as the Allies attack the Alien base at USA. If they succeed at the mission, USA would turn to neutral (so Aliens will lose 10 VPs) and Allies would gain 2 VP due to winning an attack on a Alien Base. This is a huge 12 VPs blow!

Note that Allies could not use a Diplomacy card after this, because they can be used only after an allied victory in an UFO mission.

If on a later Diplomacy attempt, Allies make USA join their side, Allies would gain 10 VPs.

Countries with higher VPs tend to have higher Diplomacy values, but these values are not equal. Just check the values at the country control markers, D# for Diplomacy and V# for VPs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.