Popular Tags: [View All]
Shadows Light
South Africa
Cape Town
Western Cape
flag msg tools
mbmb
Greetings

No doubt, by the time this thread is possibly a few answers deep, people will post here complaining about the app not loading, or connection to database errors. This thread is not about those kind of bugs.

This thread is for bugs in their Rules implementation. And we can track to see when they get fixed (if ever).

So far, the two main bugs I have found are:

1) Heroes who are on 0 strength are not destroyed

2) Arcane Energies only makes the Hero's damage Magical, not the entire Hero's attack (Hero + Weapon).

Any others?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Buss
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Shadowslight wrote:

2) Arcane Energies only makes the Hero's damage Magical, not the entire Hero's attack (Hero + Weapon).

1) I think that the rule of destroying heroes with strength equal or less than 0 in the end of the turn has been only introduced on Dragonspire and the game implements the original rule set.

But I think too, that they could have used this rule.

2) I don't have sure, because a I never bought Arcane Energies from Village, but the effects seems right. Here is the card text:
"Dungeon: All ATTACKS from heroes with Weapons equipped become MAGIC ATTACKS. Draw one card."

It says that the Attack from your heroes becomes Magic Attack, not that the attack from the weapons those heroes are carrying becomes Magic Attack too.

For me, the game got this right.

By Ryan response, here is the correct rules:
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/716610/to-anyone-with-remaining-thunderstone-questions-th

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shadows Light
South Africa
Cape Town
Western Cape
flag msg tools
mbmb
brunobuss wrote:
Shadowslight wrote:

1) I think that the rule of destroying heroes with strength equal or less than 0 in the end of the turn has been only introduced on Dragonspire and the game implements the original rule set.

But I think too, that they could have used this rule.

I realise it is from DragonSpire... but that is the way everyone seems to be playing these days.

brunobuss wrote:
2) I don't have sure, because a I never bought Arcane Energies from Village, but the effects seems right. Here is the card text:
"Dungeon: All ATTACKS from heroes with Weapons equipped become MAGIC ATTACKS. Draw one card."

It says that the Attack from your heroes becomes Magic Attack, not that the attack from the weapons those heroes are carrying becomes Magic Attack too.

For me, the game got this right.

Well... it says "All ATTACKS". ALL attacks means their own personal attack, the attack from the weapon they are carrying, the attack granted to them from cards like Feast, attacks granted to them by other heroes (for instance, a Thyrian Lord giving an Elf Wizard +2 attack). ALL these kinds of attacks should become magical if they have a weapon equipped.

Otherwise, it should read: "Equipped Heroes' attack becomes Magical. Draw one card."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Metzler
United States
Glendale
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
"Are you pondering what I'm pondering Pinky?"
badge
"Wuhhh... I think so, Brain, but if a ham can operate a radio, why can't a pig set a VCR?"
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadowslight wrote:
Greetings

No doubt, by the time this thread is possibly a few answers deep, people will post here complaining about the app not loading, or connection to database errors. This thread is not about those kind of bugs.

This thread is for bugs in their Rules implementation. And we can track to see when they get fixed (if ever).

So far, the two main bugs I have found are:

Any others?

1) I understand the confusion (and conflicting answers) to the "0 Strength = Death" situation. Know that the way they are playing it on facebook is the way it is intended now, and future clarifications will make that better understood.

2) It should be ALL attack from the hero and attachments etc. Clarification is made here: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/716610/to-anyone-with-remain...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shadows Light
South Africa
Cape Town
Western Cape
flag msg tools
mbmb
slaqr wrote:
Shadowslight wrote:

1) I understand the confusion (and conflicting answers) to the "0 Strength = Death" situation. Know that the way they are playing it on facebook is the way it is intended now, and future clarifications will make that better understood.

Really? According to the thread you posted below:
slaqr wrote:

6. Does reducing to Strength 0 always kill a hero (conflict between rulebooks)? Offical answer - Yes, dropping to Strength 0 or below will kill a hero. This will be revisited in future releases of the game...keep an eye out

Are you saying that they have revisited this idea and are now reversing this position so that heroes don't die... which just made Selurins even more broken?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Metzler
United States
Glendale
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
"Wuhhh... I think so, Brain, but if a ham can operate a radio, why can't a pig set a VCR?"
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadowslight wrote:
slaqr wrote:
Shadowslight wrote:

Really? According to the thread you posted below:
slaqr wrote:

6. Does reducing to Strength 0 always kill a hero (conflict between rulebooks)? Offical answer - Yes, dropping to Strength 0 or below will kill a hero. This will be revisited in future releases of the game...keep an eye out

Are you saying that they have revisited this idea and are now reversing this position so that heroes don't die... which just made Selurins even more broken?

It is currently a very strange situation to be perfectly honest. Pre-Dragonspire rules say no, they don't die. Post-Dragonspire say yes, they do. The future rules will re-visit this. Lets leave it at that
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chairman Moo
United States
California
flag msg tools
Re Arcane Energy implementation:

When we are implementing the game we had an official discussion with AEG about precisely this rule. The answer is that this applies to the Hero's attack ONLY and not the whole thing.

(I personally think it should be the other way too but there you go).

Milton
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Leber
Canada
Orillia
ON
flag msg tools
Yin
badge
Yang
mbmbmbmbmb
Having had no previous experience with the game prior to Facebook, I certainly read it as affecting the Hero's attack only.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Metzler
United States
Glendale
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chairman wrote:
Re Arcane Energy implementation:

When we are implementing the game we had an official discussion with AEG about precisely this rule. The answer is that this applies to the Hero's attack ONLY and not the whole thing.

(I personally think it should be the other way too but there you go).

Milton

From my direct interaction with AEG, this is explicitly wrong. I'll check with them though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
slaqr wrote:
It is currently a very strange situation to be perfectly honest. Pre-Dragonspire rules say no, they don't die. Post-Dragonspire say yes, they do. The future rules will re-visit this. Lets leave it at that

Ryan, given that "future rules" mean Thunderstone Advance, this doesn't help for classic Thunderstone

Unless you're still maintaining the rules for classic, then that's alright

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Gillette
United States
New Richmond
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Destroying the Bartender only nets you one gold. I don't know if that is how it was intended, but it was certainly not how I expected the ability to work.

Bartender is worth 1gp, activate bartender ability and total gp goes up by two, then bartender is removed dropping gp value by one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Buss
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
The Fallen wrote:
Destroying the Bartender only nets you one gold. I don't know if that is how it was intended, but it was certainly not how I expected the ability to work.

Bartender is worth 1gp, activate bartender ability and total gp goes up by two, then bartender is removed dropping gp value by one.

This one is on p20 of original TS rulebook:
"You do not gain the gold value of the Barkeep when it is destroyed."

(At least on the last one: http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/52284/thunderstone-rules-v...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
c shuford
United States
California
flag msg tools
When you get around to unlocking (buying) the "Stealth" set, the Redblade Assassin makes you discard two cards regardless of whether you first select a hero or not (text says one hero OR two cards).
I'll let'em know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chairman Moo
United States
California
flag msg tools
cshuford wrote:
When you get around to unlocking (buying) the "Stealth" set, the Redblade Assassin makes you discard two cards regardless of whether you first select a hero or not (text says one hero OR two cards).
I'll let'em know.

After you discard the first hero, you MAY discard another card (the card doesn't prevent you from doing that), or you can press the "pass" button onthe bottom left to not discard the 2nd card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.