4 Posts

Flash Duel: Second Edition» Forums » Rules

Subject: Quick clarification on abilty refreshing rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tristan Levasseur
Canada
flag msg tools
I just picked up Flash Duel yesterday, and it's seen a few hours of play in that single day alone. My usual gaming group seems quite taken with it so far - that's no surprise though, Yomi elicited a very similar response. 2 out of 2 stars for Mr. Sirlin!

I was flipping through the Deathstrike Dragon cards, and the one that lets him refresh abilities made me think I may have a rule wrong, so I just want to make sure I'm playing this correctly.

Mortals (no matter the game mode) always refresh their abilities on their turn. In this way, someone like Valerie could draw an extra card every turn if she wanted to (but doing so prevents her from using either of her other abilities during that turn.) The Deathstrike Dragon, on the other hand, does not refresh his abilities at the start of each turn, and must refresh them by using the ability he has to refresh them when he kills a mortal instead. Is this correct? If not, how does it work?

Thank you ahead of time for the help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Miller
United States
Stigler
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Mortals (no matter the game mode) always refresh their abilities on their turn. In this way, someone like Valerie could draw an extra card every turn if she wanted to (but doing so prevents her from using either of her other abilities during that turn.)

This is incorrect. Abilities refresh every round, not every turn. Check page 3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Levasseur
Canada
flag msg tools
... and suddenly the game makes a lot more sense. Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Miller
United States
Stigler
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To be fair, the reason for the (not every turn!) parenthetical is because literally all the playtesters got it wrong at first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.