Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's some off the wall ideas I was going to post as a reply to another thread but decided to create my own.

-Allow France to reserve locations (this gives them a bit of a jump and keeps the gameplay asymetrical)
-Remove Governor from the game completely or allow it only to work on non-location cards (thus Reserve/Governor only affect military cards and the like)
-Allow 2 Raid Distance for French only
-Change the Ambush action so that you can play multiple Indians as a single action (i.e. if I have 2 in my hand for a single action I can Ambush twice)
-Governor is either one use (after use return to Empire deck), or it is limited uses (1-3, keep track with counters or a die)
-Using Governor gives your opponent 1 or 2 VPs immediately each time it is used(Quebec is not auto-win, calculate points when it is taken to see who won)
-Give the French a new Card:

Harrassment (French only) Cost: 2
This card may only be drafted after the British have drafted Governor. For an action, you may select a single card in the British Empire deck and place it in the British discard pile.

-Make Intendant better by allowing it to block an opponent's use of Governor much like a Fortification blocks a Raid.

Thoughts? Any of these sound good? What tweaks would you suggest?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
Everything is relative to perception, and your perception is limited.
badge
The Ginger Ninja
mbmbmbmbmb
The French rely heavily on Governor of controlled locations, in an aggressive settle strategy. Everything else is a auto French win.

No governor of starting, controlled locations would slow down Hammer II, and maybe, maybe just enough. Although I would think some other small tweak might be needed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bigloo33 wrote:
The French rely heavily on Governor of controlled locations, in an aggressive settle strategy. Everything else is a auto French win.

No governor of starting, controlled locations would slow down Hammer II, and maybe, maybe just enough. Although I would think some other small tweak might be needed.

Don't see how Intendant blocking Governor, French allowed to Reserve Locations, or allowing multiple ambushes as a single action (for both sides) is an auto-French win.

Particularly, the multiple Ambushes seems like a worthwhile variant. This is a disincentive for Military but it's not crazy powerful as the French player would still need to load up on Indians clogging his own deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Höfke
Brazil
Niterói
Rio de Janeiro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I look for an idea that does not need to modify the cards. And if the French player can use indian card to participate in a sige with 1 point of strength by two gold coins?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls