Joe Salamone
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Aggravating people worldwide since 1964
mbmbmbmbmb
I just bought this game and read the rules last night.

At the beginning of the game, the starting point for your track must be a red or green town. In subsequent turns, you can start your tracks:

1) At a red or green town
2) As an extension or branch connected to one of your existing tracks

Can you also start your track from an existing red or green station or does #1 above refer exclusively to red and green towns (i.e., the red and green squares printed on the board).

The rules are somewhat unclear as they refer to towns, stations, and sometimes they use a slash "towns/stations." Also, as stated elsewhere, in some cases the rules in the manual don't quite match what the one-page summary says.

Thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This us much clearer in the original rules. The preprinted squares start out as company towns, ( major towns) but any town subsequently connected with merged company track becomes a company town too and you can build from it.

I don't recall the terminology of the new edition.

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Tunison
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Get your finger out of my face!
mbmbmbmbmb
I just finally got this game and played it for the first time. After the first play, I immediately added a set of extra red and green cubes that I plan to use in future game to help 'mark' the red and green towns/stations once they're connected. I know the board is already very busy as-is, but I expect this to help keep track of what's connected, where I can build from, and where passengers need to go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.