Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
was once a plant in a fruit plot
mbmbmbmbmb
These days I do not commit to buying games unless I've played them or, at least, read the rules. Having a copy would be most helpful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olav Fakkeldij
Netherlands
Beverwijk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a Mayfair game? I presume never...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Yeager
United States
Ypsilanti
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You presume incorrectly, as a recent perusal of our site will attest to. That said, we're getting ready to leave for Nuremberg right now, so the next batch of rules will probably not go up until mid-February upon our return.

Alex Yeager
Mayfair Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olav Fakkeldij
Netherlands
Beverwijk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
You presume incorrectly

Good to see I am wrong!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Wasson
United States
Erie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks interesting, I too, would like to read the rules first before commiting. I look forward to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know when the rules will be up, but here is a general rules summary:

You have workers on the board, they provide you benefits based on where they are.

Each turn you do 3 actions on a turn:

You can Farm (1 time) - Get 1 food per worker in the Farm/Fish Space
You can Fish (1 time) - Get 1 food per 2 workers in the Farm/Fish Space
You can get Art (1 time) - Get 1 art for 1 food per work on the Art Space.

There are a bunch of actions for moving you people around the board.

After the 3 actions, you pick a piece of the pyramid to move closer.

These pieces are on sleds making their way to the building site. Each sled can have 0-4 workers on it. you can only try to move a sled if there are at least 3 workers on it. You may feed your workers now. Depending on how much food is provided, workers starve or move the sled 1, 2 or 3 spaces. Rewards are given when you reach the building site based on the number of workers on the sled.

The base pieces of the pyramid are added to the pyramid immediately, the other pieces move on to a lift area where they need to be lifted to a certain height (once or twice). The lift is very similar to how the sleds are moves, you need a certain amount of food for a successful lift.

After pieces move to the pyramid sight, if a row is completed, you decorate the pyramid. Everyone does a blind bid of how much art to contribute and you score points based on this.

After a layer of the pyramid is completed, you score based on the number of workers you have at the temple of Ra, (which is another option for allocating workers).

The only thing I haven't touched on in the turn order for the game.

You plan out the turn order 5 turns at a time. This involves picking when you will go on a given turn and what benefit (or punishment) you receive for going in that spot.

These benefits include -

Fish x2 - you man fish twice this turn but can't farm (this is a punishment, but you get to go first)

Do Nothing - you go 2nd

Different ways to move your people around

Art x2 - you can perform the art action twice

Farm x 2 - you may farm twice this turn but can't fish

The game plays until the pyramid is completed or 10 turns. It sounds like with 4 players, the game will last around 6-7 turns usually.

Well, that is a rough enough off the top of my head summary, I hope I didn't miss anything or say anything incorrectly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Heberer
United States
Lake Stevens
WA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Boy, that escalated quickly. I mean that really got out of hand fast.
mbmbmbmbmb
That is a really good summary. Thanks very much for posting it!

The interesting thing in the game comes from the teams that form pushing the blocks and the timing of having the right resources on hand when needed. Turn order selection is very important for the special bonus it gives as well as it determines when you get to collect food and art to bid on the construction work.

A team of people sharing the glory (2 workers each on a block) tend to zoom up the track unless one of the players is lacking food. Uneven teams can be difficult because the rewards aren't equal so people aren't willing (usually) to pay what is considered equitable by all people on the team.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
i7dealer wrote:

A team of people sharing the glory (2 workers each on a block) tend to zoom up the track unless one of the players is lacking food. Uneven teams can be difficult because the rewards aren't equal so people aren't willing (usually) to pay what is considered equitable by all people on the team.

When can I get an expansion that includes a whip to "convince" the other players to help me?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Marchlewitz
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Still waiting for the rules...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Wasson
United States
Erie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, the rules have been posted in Japanese. How about in English, my Japanese is a little rusty. We are still waiting.......
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Heberer
United States
Lake Stevens
WA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Boy, that escalated quickly. I mean that really got out of hand fast.
mbmbmbmbmb
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B5eo4WK2JupMOHN4b2IwQUxUZzJ...

I scanned the rules into a pdf. Anyone who wants to read the rules should be able to. If and when Mayfair puts out the better quality source pdf, I'll kill this link and edit this post.

Please let me know if there are any problems with the link above.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Wasson
United States
Erie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awsome! Thank you so much!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.