Super Dungeon Explore» Forums » Rules

Subject: Newbie rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Moore
msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi,

Got the game on Tuesday, finally arrived after a month of waiting. After 2 hours of gluing I got round to the rules and wanted some clarification. Surprisingly I found the dragon quite easy, maybe it was just me.

With the spawn points you get the monsters listed on the card and that makes your monster pool for the game.

I understand you can spawn these from any spawn point but my question is on the number of monsters you get with the spawn points. With the warden spawn points you need to take them in pairs. Does this mean you get only 1 set of the listed monitors per pair or 2 sets of monsters 1 for each spawn point?

As for special affects like fire these cannot be removed from monsters but can from heros. This occurs when

1) A potion ability is used stating to remove an effect
2) When they roll a potion or heart and choose to remove status affect instead
3) When they choose to discard a loot card instead of equipping it

Is there any single sheet PDF's which list the status affects, abilities and area affect ranges for quick play?

I'm sure I will have more questions but that is all until my first play. But if you have any suggests for a first play that would be great.

JC
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emil Vincent Alonzo
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmoore032000 wrote:
Hi,

Got the game on Tuesday, finally arrived after a month of waiting. After 2 hours of gluing I got round to the rules and wanted some clarification. Surprisingly I found the dragon quite easy, maybe it was just me.

With the spawn points you get the monsters listed on the card and that makes your monster pool for the game.

I understand you can spawn these from any spawn point but my question is on the number of monsters you get with the spawn points. With the warden spawn points you need to take them in pairs. Does this mean you get only 1 set of the listed monitors per pair or 2 sets of monsters 1 for each spawn point?

As for special affects like fire these cannot be removed from monsters but can from heros. This occurs when

1) A potion ability is used stating to remove an effect
2) When they roll a potion or heart and choose to remove status affect instead
3) When they choose to discard a loot card instead of equipping it

Is there any single sheet PDF's which list the status affects, abilities and area affect ranges for quick play?

I'm sure I will have more questions but that is all until my first play. But if you have any suggests for a first play that would be great.

JC

I dont have my game in front of me but from memory:

In regards to the spawn point questions, the monsters listed on 1 card go with the 2 warrens. The easiest way to do it is to go down the card list as Im pretty sure the 2 warrens are listed along with the monsters, vs the 1Egg Clutch listed with the monsters on that card.

In regards to the fire status question, missing from that list there are also some special abilities that can remove status effects too (e.g. I think the Ranger has an ability that grants remedy). Anything that gives Immunity too immediately gets rid of a pre-existing status (e.g. giving someone Immunity to Weak would remove any weak tokens on that model, and Immunity to status effects would remove them all).

When we play, we use the second to last page of the rule book as our quick references as all the statuses are listed there.

Hope this helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Moore
msg tools
mbmbmb
Yep it does thanks, will hopefully get a game in tonight
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.