Lang Jones
United States
Kew Gardens
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Fly Eagles Fly!
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't stop playing Astra Titanus. This is one of the most fun games I've played in a while. It's created a huge bottleneck in my to be played pile.

I'm sad it doesn't seem to get the attention it deserves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Burbach
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Never heard of it. Can you tell me more about why it's so great! laugh I like a good sci fi game, I'm surprised I missed this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron
United States
Huntington Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel you man! I made a thread exactly like this one not to long ago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lang Jones
United States
Kew Gardens
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Fly Eagles Fly!
mbmbmbmbmb
Astra Titanus is a really fun game of tactical space combat. I love Sci-Fi so for me it was very easy to get into. Think of it as a battle against the Borg, but without the expensive Star Trek license.

In the game you lead a fleet of starships against a much more powerful foe controlled by the AI of the board. The goal is to destroy the enemy before it either destroys your fleet or achieves its objective - usually destroying a colony, starbase, or planet.

The game sets up quickly. It's tense and has left me on edge every time I've played and lost at it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Terwilliger
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mb
Haven't played it but I heard enough good things about it to order it from VPG. If I'm lucky, I'll get it tomorrow or Saturday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonan Jello
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
It is indeed a fun solitaire game. It's a good feeling to finally make a dent in the space giant, but oh so tense as the behemoth grinds slower, but ever forward to the player's possible defeat!

I recommend Chris Taylor's other solitaire games - Legions of Darkness, Toe-to-Toe, and Nemo's War are quite fantastic too!

EDITED: too many 'too's.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Taylor
United States
Lake Forest
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
redstarnyc wrote:
I can't stop playing Astra Titanus. This is one of the most fun games I've played in a while. It's created a huge bottleneck in my to be played pile.

Awesome. That's gotta be one of the coolest comments that's ever been said regarding one of my games.

Thank you very much for playing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
joel siragher
United States
silver spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
how are the rules? PARSEC is only about 4 pages long. I was not impressed by parsec.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Taylor
United States
Lake Forest
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules are available here:

http://victorypointgames.com/details.php?prodId=140&category...

Scroll down to Game Resources.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Welch
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Chris is one of the most talented designers I know - and a very nice guy to boot! Astra is an awesome game and its nod to Orge is just fine with me! This new era of game production means LOTS of games get produced that wouldn't have in eras past but with so many titles it's hard for any one game to get the attention it deserves. Thanks Lang for getting this gem back on the radar!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rexbinary
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
In Stereo
badge
I pwnz j00!
mbmbmbmbmb
This is one of my favorite games. Check out this tense ending:

Last Chance - The Titan after destroying Starbase Tau was dead in space, yet in range of Starbase Zeta and one shot away of destroying it. A damaged Battle Cruiser fires the final blow destroying the Titan just in the nick of time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaret Morgan
United States
West Henrietta
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm with you, this is another great VPG title. So many expensive, high quality productions sit on my shelf way more than a VPG game.

I just finished playing a couple of scenarios and found myself hoping that there might be a future expansion for this game (additional map for longer, more involved battles, different ships, different Titans, more scenarios?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Yee
United States
Las Cruces
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I keep hearing good things about VP Games and I'm interested in a Solitare game (as my wife doesn't do Sci-Fi as much as I do) Space game. I might just have to get this one. Smacks of Star Fleet Battles which is a good thing to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got this in the mail with several others (Legions, Zulu) and in the process of reading the rules. looks fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No No No Sheep
Russia
St Petersburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
this game just beg to be converted into iOS IPAD Game..

and its easy to convert this
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No No No Sheep
Russia
St Petersburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
redstarnyc wrote:
It's created a huge bottleneck in my to be played pile.

i never encounter the mythical 'bottleneck on my to be played pile' beast
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Sweeney
United States
ABQ
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With minis might be a good Convention Game, as well.

Lee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.