Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan William
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Under the heading-

RANGED COMBAT AGAINST MULTIPLE TARGETS

It states the following:

Some units can target two or more opposing units with a single ranged combat attack. You may never, however, target a unit more than once per ranged combat attack.

Does that mean I can attack a unit only once per turn with ranged combat?

I guess what I want to know is can I use two different units to attack(ranged combat) the same opposing unit in a turn? Or can you only attack a unit once per turn?

Thanks for any insight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance McMillan
United States
Lakebay
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If your unit has multiple "target" indicators on its dial, you may (should, really) engage up that that many targets when you conduct a ranged attack. You roll the die and compare the result against every unit you targeted -- it may be that some targets are hit while others are missed (or you might get lucky and hit all of them, or unlucky and miss all). Once you determine which targets are hit, you then allocate damage amongst those targets (the ones that were hit) as you desire.

[The reason I said you "should" multi-target when possible is that if you roll a critical hit, you get to apply the additional bonus damage point to every target, even if you apply all the "normal" damage to only one target. Also, it means that you won't "waste" the shot if you don't hit a single target when you might have hit one but missed the other(s).]

Each "ranged combat attack" is resolved individually and is a separate and distinct action. So yes, you can target the same enemy unit several times during the same turn -- providing that you're doing so with different firing units.

The prohibition against targeting the same unit more than once per ranged combat pertains to using the same firing unit to multi-target the same defending unit (presumably so that if you rolled a critical hit you'd be able to apply the additional bonus damage multiple times, which would be illegal).

Hope that makes things clear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan William
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Thanks that was much appreciated. Just bought my first starter pack Age of Destruction, and trying to get the rules down. Thx a bunch!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls