Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » United States » Northeast

Subject: Gaming around Newton, MA? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew B
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Hey everyone,

My brothers and I are new to the area and would love to find some other people to play some boardgames with. We have been playing a lot of Arkham Horror, but would like to branch out a bit and also play with more people because it's just three of us. So if anyone knows of anywhere nearby for some good gaming that would be awesome.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
check out

Gaming Groups in New England - USA

and your timing is pretty good, you are really going to want to go to Unity Games 18 over in Woburn from 9am to midnight Sat Feb 4 (day before pats beat giants )
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hoyle A
United States
fiskdale
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
great advice there! Unity is awesome! Also don't miss totalcon.com toward the end of february. Meanwhile Matt's game group called FRAGS is quite close to newton, and very well attended on Thursday nights.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew B
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Oh nice, thanks for the replies. Do you have any more information on FRAGS?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are able to get around easily, my game group meets at Comicazi in Davis Square in Somerville every Wednesday night. We start around roughly 7pm, though some people show up early to grab dinner nearby at Anna's Taqueria. We usually end up playing until about 11pm or midnight.

This past Wednesday, we had 15 people show up, and had 3 tables going - one with Battlestar Galactica: The Board Game, one with Arkham Horror, and one with Dominant Species.

There is lots of meter parking in the area if you show up early, and meters stop at 8pm. You can find their address at www.comicazi.com.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hoyle A
United States
fiskdale
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Watdrew wrote:
Oh nice, thanks for the replies. Do you have any more information on FRAGS?


If you subscribe to the unity mailing list, you'll get a FRAGS update every week
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Call
United States
Pocatello
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If you go to meetup.com, there are lots of gaming groups posted there as well. I live in Watertown, MA and I'm part of 3-4 different groups (sometimes I can go to one group's events but not others).

Some popular ones:

Boston's Social Strategy (and slightly silly) gamers
Beantown Gamers
Board Game Design and Prototype Circle

Beantown Gamers meets at MIT once a week (alternating Mondays and Wednesdays). Strategy/silly meets about once a week, sometimes in Porter Square, sometimes in Copley.

I hadn't heard about FRAGS. I'd be up for going to that. I'd wish I had known about it this past week actually (the wife was out of town and I was hoping to game it up). Is there a link to their group?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Walker
United States
North Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
So many douchebags, so few bullets.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
talusproteus wrote:

I hadn't heard about FRAGS. I'd be up for going to that. I'd wish I had known about it this past week actually (the wife was out of town and I was hoping to game it up). Is there a link to their group?


FRAGS post here:
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/Unity_Games/
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Call
United States
Pocatello
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
hatemachine wrote:
talusproteus wrote:

I hadn't heard about FRAGS. I'd be up for going to that. I'd wish I had known about it this past week actually (the wife was out of town and I was hoping to game it up). Is there a link to their group?


FRAGS post here:
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/Unity_Games/


Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Walker
United States
North Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
So many douchebags, so few bullets.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
talusproteus wrote:
hatemachine wrote:
talusproteus wrote:

I hadn't heard about FRAGS. I'd be up for going to that. I'd wish I had known about it this past week actually (the wife was out of town and I was hoping to game it up). Is there a link to their group?


FRAGS post here:
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/Unity_Games/


Thanks!


...and if you're ever interested in Monday nights in Westford or Saturday nights in North Andover, we post announcements here:
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/SOG_List/
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.