Bob Duclos
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
Who ya gonna call?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This game totally has my interest, but I don't see a great chance of me having a consistent enough group to play 10-15 games. My local convention is coming up, and I wondered what the feasibility of playing through the whole game in a weekend with others who are in a similar situation as I am.

So… what is the total play time of the game, start to finish ( or at least til all the interesting changes have been made). My convention is only two days, and I don't think I am willing to devote more than 50% of my time to the game. I imagine (if feasible) myself organizing a game and getting people to sign up and committ before the con starts, then on playing in 1-3 hour segments with breaks in between to check out other con things going on. Those of you who know: will this work?

If you are curious, I am referring to SaltCon in Salt Lake City on Feb 17 and 18th.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ferejohn
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
Pitying fools as hard as I can...
mbmbmbmbmb
Each game takes 60-90 minutes (I've opened every pack but one) in my experience, so for 15 games figure 15-20 hours - that's probably a full weekend...

It's really OK if the player group shifts around a bit - i've done that with mine and I don't feel its hurt the game terribly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kevan sumner
Canada
Brandon
Manitoba
flag msg tools
Join us in June for Manitoba's longest-running game convention! www.prairiecon.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We have someone planning to do the same thing at a convention that we run this June.

I think that you could do it, depending on how many hours you play each day. I've found that the first seven games were typically about an hour in length, though we did have one that went twice as long. Usually we play with 4 players and it was the single 5 player game that went extra long.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's doable in one day if you have a group of extremely committed people. I think it'd be more reasonable for you to do it over the two days, but then you'd miss out on other stuff, presumably.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ossian Grr aka "Josh"
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
If you cycle through too many players, be careful. If you have 15 different winners in the first 15 games, you'll lock yourself out of ever opening the "signs the board twice" packet.
(Disclaimer: I haven't even opened this one yet, so I don't know how much of a travesty that would be).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordy Crozier
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did a 12-hour session and got through 7 games but that was with an hour or so for lunch and an hour and a half for dinner but our first game was a fair length (lot longer than others) so I think with dedicated gamers you could squeeze in more
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Johnson
United Kingdom
Boston
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking about doing the same thing for Manorcon in the UK this summer, but the organisers didn't feel that people would be prepared to commit to a campaign as they'd want to play various games that weekend. Maybe the approach you should take is try to get the players first?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For my group 15 games took a bit more than 15 hours. We have a fairly aggressive play style though. And we were the same 5 throughout the process, at a con you'll probably have to do the rules several times throughout.

My guess is that you'd want to budget 21 hours or so for it. Maybe schedule it in blocks of three hours, which should definitely be enough for two games, and if the two go by fast a third game as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.