Uwe Heilmann
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This new thread avoids the scrolling.

For the "experimental" game session, two maps are required. As I do not know which ones are available, please, make suggestions. Note: the two maps should contain large land masses and should not be separated by All-Sea hexes.

For each of the two armies, 50 points are available. Please, use only the following types:

Amazon army: Amazons (C1) and Bowlyns (A2) Note: there are two types of Bowlyns.

Orc army: Goblins (C1) Note: there are two types of Goblins; and Orcs (C2).

Cheers
U.L.H.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have all 16 maps, so I am good with any and defer to anyone who only has access to certain ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabio Henrique
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have only the base set of maps from 2nd edition, I will assemble an army later

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uwe Heilmann
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Here we go!

The map configuration.
Map 14 is Orcland, map 15 is part of the Amazon realm. Note the 4 cities of value 2.

Here are my suggestions for the two forces.

The scenario: In order to win you must capture a 2-city and hold it for 2 consecutive turns. If this is achieved by both sides at the same time, the side holding such a city for more consecutive turns than the other, wins.

Your tasks:
Please, reply with any other forces set-up.
And/or provide an initial set-up for both sides either using your forces or using the one presented here.

I hope we can turn this experiment into something of mutual interest.

Cheers
U.L.H.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What force would you prefer Fabio? I'm fine with either. I'll be out most of the day and don't have my WK with me. If I can keep an Internet connection on my iPad, I should be able to see a good enough picture of what is happening thanks to Uwe's pictures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lots of pics while playing, please!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uwe Heilmann
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi,

welcome to the "crowd".
Why pictures?

In order not to wait too long, here is the initial block placement for both armies.

Yes, you're right. You gonna play the ugly monsters and hordes of the orcs. I have command and control over the beautiful amazons.

Now the cup is filled with the Activation markers.

The first marker drawn.
This means that I start the game and I have to activate blocks of at least one hex. If one block is activated, all blocks on the same hex also have to be activated.
Doctrine: split your forces and place them on as many different hexes as possible. This provides you a great variety and good reaction capability against the enemy's activities. Disadvantage: few blocks on a hex are easier to attack and defeat.

Here are my moves so far.
I activated three hexes with a total of 3 blocks. Note the gain of one movement point when a unit travels along a road. I reinforced my city Ertona as it is currently the only hex within range of the orc hordes. The three blocks initially located there are NOT activated yet. A block moved there, it did not start to move there.
Note: after a block has been activated and done any eligible actions (including passing) it is committed and may not be activated again during the same game turn.

Here is the second marker drawn.
This indicates that the orcs now have to act. At least one hex with orc forces has to be activated.

Here is your task: What are your orders for your hordes?

Cheers
U.L.H.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uwe Heilmann
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ladies and Gentlemen,

it is quite sobering for me to recognize that any attempt to actively involve others in this experiment obviously failed to trigger any positive (=active) response.

It seems I have failed to wake enough interest in a different (and I am convinced, better) game system.

U.L.H.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabio Henrique
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just have a little patience, I am busy during this weekend, I can´t proceed at super fast pace

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uwe Heilmann
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Good to hear that.

My amazons will wait to crush the skulls of your monsters.

Cheers
U.L.H.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Me as well. I had an all day gaming session at another person's house with no wifi available and I've got kids playing sports. I'm all over the place some weekends and have barely been home this one.

To clarify: we have to activate all the blocks in at least one location/grouping? But, we can activate more, yes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uwe Heilmann
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hey!
Thanks for your replies.
Good to see them as they indicate a real interest.

Regarding your question: YES.
The orcs currently occupy 8 hexes. All of them could be activated.
Doing this might be advantageous as it exploits a temporary initiative.
But ... once all your blocks have been committed, your adversary has freedom of maneuver as you no longer can react during this turn.

But ...

there is also the option of intercept and evasion.

More about this later once the game got into motion.

Good luck with your planning.
I am looking forward to see and apply your ideas.

By the way, enjoy the current situation as she and her friends are not on the battlefield yet.

My game system also includes leaders.

Cheers
U.L.H.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tuner 13 wrote:
Ladies and Gentlemen,

it is quite sobering for me to recognize that any attempt to actively involve others in this experiment obviously failed to trigger any positive (=active) response.

It seems I have failed to wake enough interest in a different (and I am convinced, better) game system.
There is interest, just no ability on this end to get a game going.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uwe Heilmann
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi,

thanks for that reply.

You could still get involved by sending your ideas on what the orcs should do.
The only thing needed is knowledge about the WK game system as such, e.g. the Movement points of each block, combat values etc.
Or ask questions.

The more gamers get involved the more interesting it might become for all.
And good ideas might instantly "flow" into my own game system.

Cheers
U.L.H.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Uwe,

If I could adjust, I would move the Goblin unit from Vazholm to Zhara using their mountain move ability (assuming it is one of the Goblins that has it). The same thing for the Goblin from Stavak. I think it would move with all haste and move two spaces up the map to be in the mountains just under Tanga.

Also, I worry about the units abandoning Jorvak (2 pt city) and moving toward Farrell. They might get bottle necked on the bridges.

Thanks,
Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uwe Heilmann
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi Mike,
first in, first serve.

Completely disregard the example I provided.

I took your recommendation into action.
Here is the new situation.
Note : the Goblins at Stavak are mountain folk. They had to stop after entering the coastal forest hex.
This leaves the Orc force with 9 blocks deployed on 6 hexes.

The next AM drawn: Orc 2.

Your turn again.

I hope we now build up some momentum.

Cheers
U.L.H.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The two units in Karheim take a sea transport to Jorvik.

The unit in Tanga moves to the Tronborgen mountains to guard the Tanga Pass.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uwe Heilmann
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Here we go.

I executed your move orders then drew the Amazon 3-Activation marker, followed by the Amazon 2-Activation marker. That forced me to activate all units.
Therefore there is no need to continue AM drawing as only one side had uncommitted units left.

This is the new situation. There are 6 Orc blocks left for activation (the hex constellation does not matter in this situation anymore).

Now the remaining Orc hordes are free to move around without any direct Amazon response.

Cheers
U.L.H.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The unit at Zhara will move to Skara. One of the units at Skara will move two hexes toward Vika and stop where the road forks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uwe Heilmann
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks Mike.

This concludes the Movement phase of turn 01.
There is no Combat phase as no opposing blocks share the same hexes.
During the Building phase I added new blocks (each of a total value of 10) to both forces.

During turn 02 I will introduce my rules of Interception and Evasion.
Interception allows the inactive player to interrupt the movement of the opponent.

Why shouldn't an agile force not be allowed to stop a close enemy force on the spot?

Evasion is an option allowing the inactive player to move away as the enemy gets too close.

I hope this keeps up your curiosity.

I will start a new thread for turn 02.

Cheers
U.L.H.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like a plan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabio Henrique
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tomorrow i´m finally having some time to assemble the board like yours and give some suggestions

glad to see this is going forward

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uwe Heilmann
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Sounds good.

Prepare yourself for a lot of action.

Wait until you meet
in battle.

Cheers
U.L.H.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope you do a blow by blow combat sequence. We need to see some blood, Orc or otherwise, Black or red.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uwe Heilmann
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My intent is to introduce my system step by step.
At the moment the focus is on the Movement phase.
You will see something about the Corps system, the interaction of block movement etc. next.
Then the - I think - most significant change to the original game system will be presented: combat.
I hope this subsystem of the overall game system will trigger your interest.

There will also be some information about additional block/unit types, leaders, special elements (e.g. traps, ambush, standards) and also spells and leader skills.

And recommendations for a scenario and campaign system.

Cheers
U.L.H.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.