Canada
Kanata
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
at home sick.

Pneumonia sucks.

I have watched 7 of 8 Harry Potter movies and just finished Moneyball. Coughing makes it hard to read or do crafts and I do not want to get germs (or phlem) on any of my board games.

I am bored to tears, however any attempts to do any activity longer than 10 minutes results in more coughing and general exhaustion. At least my temp is no longer 102, 4 days of that was enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
walk_softly wrote:
at home sick.

Pneumonia sucks.

I have watched 7 of 8 Harry Potter movies and just finished Moneyball. Coughing makes it hard to read or do crafts and I do not want to get germs (or phlem) on any of my board games.

I am bored to tears, however any attempts to do any activity longer than 10 minutes results in more coughing and general exhaustion. At least my temp is no longer 102, 4 days of that was enough.

Lots of virtual :HUGS: for you, my friend!

Get better soon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
いい竹やぶだ!

South Euclid
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmb
That's awful. yuk Get well soon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Jennings
United States
San Diego
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Moneyball is awesome though, right? I really enjoyed that movie. Just relax as best you can and catch up on Netflix or something!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeff
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know just what you need...

Minecraft!!

http://xkcd.com/861/

Seriously though hope you get better soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kissa
United States
flag msg tools
La vie est un jeu
badge
Panem et Circenses
mbmbmbmbmb
It's probably mono.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boo
Canada
Kanata
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KissaTaikuri wrote:
It's probably mono.

Been there, done that have the dead spleen sections to prove it. I am a little old to be getting mono though. It is confirmed pneumonia.

The first Dr. I saw thought I had flu or a sinus infection and gave me a mild antibiotic. After another 2 1/2 days with a 102 fever and having difficulty breathing, my husband took me to Emergency. The Dr. there said my lungs sounded clear but he did not like my breathing, oxygen levels, or cough so he ordered x-rays. As soon as he saw them he said I had pneumonia. I got some oxygen, some fluid, and new very strong antibiotics and now I am slowly getting better. At least I am not shaking, sore all over, and falling asleep all the time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boo
Canada
Kanata
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thermogimp wrote:
Moneyball is awesome though, right? I really enjoyed that movie. Just relax as best you can and catch up on Netflix or something!

Yup, Moneyball was fantastic. So were the Potter movies, I had not seen any of them before. I don't have Netflix, but my mom brought me a bunch of movies along with chicken pho for supper. My mom is awesome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

HUGS.

Hugs, hugs, hugs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott A. Reed
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Skyrim.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Cale
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Yog-Sothoth knows the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the key and guardian of the gate. Past, present, future, all are one in Yog-Sothoth. He knows where the Old Ones broke through of old, and where They shall break through again.
mbmbmb
You'll be back on your feel before you know it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heron Abroad
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oof. That reminds me of the time my husband and I came down with mono. We lived on whatever could be cooked in the toaster oven with minimal prep (thankfully we had no kids at the time), and we sat around playing FreeCiv all day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Newton
United Kingdom
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
In the interest of giving credit where credit is due, my avatar is a scan of a hand-drawn caricature by cartoonist Jim Naylor which was done at my company's 20th anniversary dinner.
mbmbmbmbmb
You have my sympathy.

When I had pneumonia I was physically sick with it. I spent the first week in bed, and for the first few days couldn't keep anything down, not even a glass of water - as soon as I started coughing again, back it came. So, if it helps, its sounds as though you are doing better with it than I was (but I had had a bout of flu a month earlier).

On the plus side, when I got back to work I was told that they had found out what I do all day. There was an impression that I kind of sat around all day fiddling with the computers, setting up and collecting backup tapes once a day, and taking few minutes from time to time to sort out the occasional problem. Actually, that was kind of true, as I was on top of the job, knew the system inside out, and have the sort of awareness to predict a lot of the requests that would be coming my way and have the solution lined up ready. However, while I was off the guy covering for me barely got to do any of his normal job for the best part of a month.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
June King
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
Bring me her heart in this box.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hugs and healing vibes coming your way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
...but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind,
badge
...and reaching forth unto those things which are before,...
mbmbmb
EgorjLileli wrote:
Lots of virtual :HUGS: for you, my friend!

AvidHunter wrote:
I know just what you need...Minecraft!!

amwiles wrote:
HUGS.Hugs, hugs, hugs.

skelebone wrote:
Skyrim.

Ludocrazy wrote:
Hugs and healing vibes coming your way.

Yep, hugs and games. I think that about covers it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rob cavallo
United States
roseland
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
skelebone wrote:
Skyrim.

Yes!

the hours just melt away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Southy
United Kingdom
Nuneaton
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Positive thoughts sent your way. Get well soon!

Oh yeah, and Skyrim.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.