Subject: Can we get an unbiased review? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Geoff Skinner
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Art looks great, I like the ideas you're presenting a lot, and I think it could be a nice addition to my table, BUT... Since you have been play testing for a while and have demo copies, can we expect a review or two prior to the end of the kickstarter? I'm on the verge, but my kick starting money is limited.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Puig
Spain
Tarragona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I´m on the verge too and fully agree with Geoff. I want to know exactlly what I´m funding...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Skinner
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just saw a comment from the creator on the Kickstarter site, and he says he hasn't sent out any review copies, but will do so after the campaign. I am really on the fence now. I do like the design and art, and it seems like a cool idea, but without ANY outside reviews (for example, I've helped Kickstart Exile Sun, Creatures & Empires of the Void, all of which had outside reviews) - I'm worried about the play-ability of this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gérard Kraus
Luxembourg
Kayl
Luxemburg
flag msg tools
Sci-Fan: Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Radio (Radio ARA)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I second that motion, sending the copies out after the campaign is not going to do any good. At that point all the backers will already be in, and the game, if good, won't profit from the review-buzz. If I were behind it I'd have sent copies, even rough ones, to the Dicetower, UndeadViking, and other reviewers of not in the BGG comm0unity, to create more buzz around, and also confirm the playability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Puig
Spain
Tarragona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I have already funded.

The art and the design looks so good that I couldn´t stop myself. It is the first time I fund a kickstarter game.

On the other hand, I have read the rules and the game seems, at the same time, simple but difficult to master. I think it will be fun.

The designer will post a videoreview playing it...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Burton
msg tools
Hey Guys,

I ended up grabbing a copy and reviewed it on my blog:

dicetemple.tumblr.com,

link:

http://dicetemple.tumblr.com/post/39629493102/far-from-here-...

Hope this is informative and helps you guys decide. Spoiler: I liked the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.