Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
these are my overtexts and
badge
now I am without geek gold :(
mbmbmbmbmb
I just read the title about fortress america and it got me thinking

With Saddam Housain, Osama Bin Ladden and Kim Jong Il all dead who are the big baddies that pop culture and the media will villinize (rightly or not)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Starlifter 88
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Iran - Mahmoud Ahmadinejad
Syria - Bashar al-Assad

Not to stir things up but isn't this in the wrong forum?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Hobden
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
100 % RSP !!! arrrh devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B. Marsh
United States
Ammon
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
southern_cross_116 wrote:
Robert Mugabe.

Yes, he is a royal turd
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benny
United States
Topeka
Kansas
flag msg tools
Everyone likes a piece of pie.
badge
That's wonderful. Good for you! I've always wanted to have a haunted house. It's been my lifelong dream!
mbmbmbmbmb
There are certain segments of the population that wouldn't want us to forget Fidel Castro.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Re: who are the great big DUMBYA evil guys
George "W" Bush et al; while "war criminal status" is yet on being 'ascertained' & 'determined', as we write THIS! whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Les Haskell
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Muqtada al-Sadr. After he overthrows the Iraqi government and claims the title of "Mahdi".

But, he doesn't have the religious training to actually be qualified to take the title so it will either have to be waived (because he will claim to have liberated Iraq from foreign influence and be seen as a great hero) or he will set someone else up (possibly a cleric with the religious education to qualify).

Either way, once he starts to unite Shiite and Sunni, the West will get scared and he will be the perceived "Big Bad Guy".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Les Haskell
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Joe Biden has a good chance of saying something that will piss off a bunch of people and they will be mad for a week or two and then everybody will forget all about it (again) until he does it again. This could go on for a while.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Les Haskell
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Benjro wrote:
There are certain segments of the population that wouldn't want us to forget Fidel Castro.

I think Fidel has maxed-out and plateaued with his "big evil guy" cred.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Art Bugorski
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The truly evil are those who take without caring who it effects. Most scary dictators are too deluded and misguided to be considered evil.

If you mean who would be a good villian for a war movie these days I'd have to say the Saudi elite who fund global terror or the Israeli hardliners.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance McMillan
United States
Lakebay
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ramkitty wrote:
...who are the big baddies that pop culture and the media will villinize (rightly or not)

Mexican drug cartels?
Somali pirates?
Merchant bankers?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judd Vance
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Every Man a (K-State) Wildcat!
badge
"Just get that sucka to the designated place at the designated time and I will gladly designate his ass...for dismemberment!" - Sho Nuff.
mbmbmbmbmb
Tim Tebow
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Wintz
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
Boo!
mbmbmbmbmb
my ex-wife
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Belvidere
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahmadinejad is a given, Chavez is a maybe. Hu since he is threatening all of Southeast Asia.

TBD:
Putin since he is trying to bring back the empire.

Assad if he ever gets influence outside Syria.

Kim Jong Un if he can hold on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stuart
United States
Los Alamos
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ZombyDawg wrote:
Muqtada al-Sadr. After he overthrows the Iraqi government and claims the title of "Mahdi".

But, he doesn't have the religious training to actually be qualified to take the title so it will either have to be waived (because he will claim to have liberated Iraq from foreign influence and be seen as a great hero) or he will set someone else up (possibly a cleric with the religious education to qualify).

Either way, once he starts to unite Shiite and Sunni, the West will get scared and he will be the perceived "Big Bad Guy".

As long as Sunni and Shiah exist, there is nobody on earth who will be able to unite them. Believe me.

As for M al-Sadr, although he will always have influence -- about as great as he has now -- it is extremely unlikely that he will ever gain a substantially larger following than he has now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stuart
United States
Los Alamos
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My hope is that the US population will grow up and no longer be susceptible to attempts to portray particular individuals as the Great Bad Guys.

There are too many powerful & psychopathic people in the world today for us to afford to demonize any one of them over the others. What we have to do is develop the collective will and collective ability, firstly to weed them out and expel them from positions of power, and secondly to create systems which will not allow these kinds of people to gain power in the first place. Can we do it, collectively? Yes, I'm very optimistic about that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Les Haskell
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The administrative problem with Islam for Muslims is that the man in whom all authority was centered left no plan for succession. Muslims do not question the authority of Mohammed, so if I person were able to convince even a few followers that he was the new representative of that authority, a huge realm of possibilities would be open to him - even a union a Shiite and Sunni. They both have prophecies for that leader. They both are waiting for him. The question is: can he convince them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Les Haskell
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bob_santafe wrote:
My hope is that the US population will grow up and no longer be susceptible to attempts to portray particular individuals as the Great Bad Guys.

There are too many powerful & psychopathic people in the world today for us to afford to demonize any one of them over the others. What we have to do is develop the collective will and collective ability, firstly to weed them out and expel them from positions of power, and secondly to create systems which will not allow these kinds of people to gain power in the first place. Can we do it, collectively? Yes, I'm very optimistic about that.

All it takes to be one of these "evil" people is ambition and a conscience subordinated to that ambition. To see the people of your house, your neighborhood, your city, state, nation, or even the world as the herd over which you aspire to be the alpha. Isn't opposing them the same as challenging them for that role. Otherwise we are just the submissive members of the herd. It's the law of the cosmopolitan jungle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
AngryStarAnarchy wrote:
The truly evil are those who take without caring who it effects. Most scary dictators are too deluded and misguided to be considered evil.

If you mean who would be a good villian for a war movie these days I'd have to say the Saudi elite who fund global terror or the Israeli hardliners.
You have to NAME "names", or I could just 'state' with: 'Corporations'; of which "Monsanto" is ONE as well!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"L'├ętat, c'est moi."
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Roger's Reviews: check out my reviews page, right here on BGG!
badge
Caution: May contain wargame like substance
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved to RSP so everyone can play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Charters
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ramkitty wrote:
With Saddam Housain, Osama Bin Ladden and Kim Jong Il all dead who are the big baddies that pop culture and the media will villinize (rightly or not)

Now to April, Gingrich
April to November, Obama
Nov for the next 4 years.....the new president.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Carr
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The immortal, ever ravenous, lidless eyed corporate person.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Les Haskell
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
usrlocal wrote:
This looks about right:

"Who brought the lube?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Les Haskell
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
leroy43 wrote:
Moved to RSP so everyone can play.

But we were only 2 out of 3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I made a promise on the grave of my parents...
badge
...that I would rid this city of the evil that took their lives. "
mbmbmbmbmb
Lex Luthor

Green Goblin

and the Joker

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.