Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy Pelton
United Kingdom
Hucknall
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When the Ccolty player uses "Fire at will, boys", "Chew on this, gringo!" and "Come on, ya no-good polecats, I’ll take yer all on!" can these target lawmen at other battlefields or is it just the current one?

It feels like it should be just the current battlefield.

are these true as well?

When Ned kills a gang member, Colty chooses which bandit is killed, correct?

When Ned shoots down a firepower card, it is Colty who chooses which card is discarded, correct?

When Colty dispatches a lawman, Colty also chooses which card is discarded, correct?

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Büttner-Zimmermann
Germany
München
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Wiggle It!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
peltazoid wrote:
When Ned shoots down a firepower card, it is Colty who chooses which card is discarded, correct?

Yugblad wrote:
You are correct on all your assumptions, Andy. Yes to all.

Sorry, but I can't find this in the rules. I know that the gang member, that is killed, is chosen by the Colty player - but that is mentioned in the chapter about the gang.
I can't find any word on the firepower cards - why does Colty chooses, which is discarded?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
peltazoid wrote:

When Colty dispatches a lawman, Colty also chooses which card is discarded, correct?

I agree with Thomas. The above two examples are the same, just from opposite sides' point of view, so why would Colty choose in both?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leigh Caple
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Notts.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Mark is wrong. When Ned shoots a firepower card he chooses which one I think, not Colty.

Mark can you confirm?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chechu Nieto Sánchez
Spain
Sant Andreu de la Barca
Barcelona
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
When playing, I apply the logical rule of "who's carrying the gun and who's pointing the gun"... I mean, when Colty shoots the Lawmen, is Colty who decides which character is shot down because he's the guy with the gun... same for Ned in the case of the firepower... the only exception to this rule is whenever Colty decides which member of his gang is abandoned to their fate (because Colty is a very evil guy and its goal is to save his own skin, remember). devil

It's logical Captain Kirk! wow
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chaplin
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Ice-choked tower, Mondavia, Nanglangka.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I answered the question at 6am, after stumbling out of bed - still in pyjamas, and skim-read the questions in a hurry for work. Sorry!

Kill cards = the player of the card always chooses the target card.

Bandit cards = Jack Colty always decides who of his posse dies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Büttner-Zimmermann
Germany
München
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Wiggle It!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yugblad wrote:
I answered the question at 6am, after stumbling out of bed - still in pyjamas, and skim-read the questions in a hurry for work. Sorry!

Answering these questions IS your work!

...just kidding!

Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chaplin
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Ice-choked tower, Mondavia, Nanglangka.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Almecho wrote:
Yugblad wrote:

Answering these questions IS your work!

...just kidding!

Thank you!

Unfortunately, most boardgame fanatics have 'real' jobs.

If I could find someone to pay me to play Skyrim, and design games all day, I'd be a happy bunny.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Pelton
United Kingdom
Hucknall
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheers for the Answers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.