Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike C
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As a 6 night, 7 day gaming vacation Teton Con takes a whole new approach to gaming conventions.

Set in gorgeous Jackson Hole WY outside of Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Park it blends the unique fun of gaming conventions with the relaxation and destination of a vacation.

The Con includes 6 nights in a condo, two park tours, scenic tram ride, food and all the gaming including the major con events. Check out all the details: www.tetoncon.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Phillips Beckerman
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
is this new? Who's running it?
sounds great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike C
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This will be the first year, it is organized and run by a company local to Jackson called Teton Custom Guides. The gaming portion of it is run by me... Mike. I am a huge gamer and attended numerous cons... I have a local staff of equally qualified nerds. I am also a local to the area and avid outdoorsmen, so will act as the liason to the area as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaarin Engelmann
United States
Springfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you planning to add additional gaming events? I'm most interested in boardgames, with a secondary interest in miniatures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P

California
msg tools
This looks pretty great! Being able to go hiking or horseback riding as a break from gaming beats hanging around in a dumpy hotel or convention hallway. I also have a soft spot for Wings of War. laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaarin Engelmann
United States
Springfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Will there also be WW1 Wings of War or only WW2? Will there be any sort of campaign or just dogfights?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike C
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
we are definitely planning on adding more gaming events. About 4 months out from the event we will solicit input from the group coming out. Specific games that people request to be present (within reason) we will have available.

Starting near the firrst of the year we will have forums available for incoming guests to coordinate specific events, like campaigns, roleplaying sessions and suggestions for official con events.

We intend on basing future "con events" on this feedback and not necessarily what we think will attract more guests. After all, its more important that the guests that are coming be happy with the events versus the ones we hoped would come.

This is obviously very different than the approach most Cons take and might be a little strange at first, but Teton Con isn't trying to be like a normal con.

The WWII WoW will be large scenario based, but it could grow into an ongoing campaign if that's the precon feedback we get.

WWI WoW is easily something we can have available... on what scale we provide it on would be feedback based.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike C
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Listen for us on http://www.dicetower.com/ February 7th!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Kona
msg tools
Any word what companies would be there yet? It would be cool to see some promo swag...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike C
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In terms of Teton Con's "convention" aspect, we are intentionally planning on keeping it relatively small (less than 50 people), because of that we would like to focus more on playing games and the vacation aspect than a vendor hall. However, we are currently working on some special guests and vendors. I can't release anything until details are final, which will most likely be much closer to the show.
Mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike C
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
there is lots of new info up on the site, take a look! Also check out episode 243 on www.dicetower.com to hear about the con.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa Wessels
United States
OMAHA
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mb
My husband (fastfingers) and I have high hopes of attending this conference. We haven't had a vacation together since our child was a toddler. A whole weekend of kicking butts and taking names in such beautiful surroundings? I'm in! How's the response going for this, Mike?

Melissa

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa Wessels
United States
OMAHA
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mb
I would love to see someone run TI-3. My last session of TI3 was with five males over 11 hrs after which I prevailed! Muuahahahaa!! BRING, IT!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike C
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Melissa,
The response is great, we have a few groups (you being one of them) looking at coming, which at this point in the game is very promising, not many people book a vacation more than a year out, so we are very excited about the early feedback.

We are also featured on Dice Tower 250, take a listen, its their anniversary episode to boot.

Thanks for the kind words Melissa, although I'm a little intimidated by your TI3 prowess, as I guess I'm a casual when it comes to games over about 3 hours. With Eclipse out now, I'm in love though.

Mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike C
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike, we plan on having lots of TTR games throughout the convention, including anytime a group wants to check it out. Each time you finish a board you will submit your points for that board. The highest score for each board will be totaled for each player for an eventual "Round the World" winner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike C
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We have gotten a lot of inquiries from families about Teton Con. To help we have added a family section to the website, check it out at www.tetoncon.com

We are also working on some miniature events, looking at 40K and MERCS right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Robertson
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
Life is Short; Play Games!
badge
The BixCON Series of gaming events: A combination of Great Friends, Great Food, & Great Drink!
mbmbmbmbmb
Very interested in this. My wife and I love exploring the great outdoors so this is an event that calls to us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike C
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We updated a few of the events and are now accepting payment plans. The "early" promo expires June 30th, don't miss it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Clarkson
United States
Watertown
NEW YORK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This sounds like a GREAT event! I wish I could attend this first ever offered con with my family. I will be in Afghanistan during those dates so take lots of pics and blogs so I can get excited about it the next year!!!

Doc

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike C
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We have made a few updates to the website including:

A new payment schedule, with a deposit due at the time of registration and the majority of the fee not due until March 1st, 2013.

A section for designers, producers and exhibitors.

An FAQ.

Gary,
We are glad to hear your enthusiasm and we can't wait to see you at Teton Con 2014! Good luck in Afghanistan, I was a Naval Officer in my previous life, hopefully that isn't a strike against Teton Con.

-Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Verhelst
Canada
Edmonton
AB
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just registered!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vidfreaky wrote:
Just registered!

Me too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike C
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Register before September 30th with promo "float" and get a free scenic float trip.

We are also happy to announce that we have solidified our Tour details and will have all the details up soon.

We will also be posting the details of our add on adventures soon, including the scenic float trip.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Verhelst
Canada
Edmonton
AB
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do those of us who have already registered get the free float tour?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike C
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Trevor,
No the early promo was worth about double what the float tour is financially worth. We will however be offering the float tour as an add on adventure for anyone who would like to go.

We will also be offering a whitewater trip as an add on, although that will be very weather and snowfall dependent. The whitewater section of the snake in June can be extremely high/fast water and the float trips often have to close down for a bit.

Mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.