Popular Tags: [View All]
Badger
England
London
Enfield
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My squad of four men has advanced to Range chit 4, so have a terrain card with a movement card on top. Before I can place a new terrain card on top and caim victory, one of the men is pinned. So when I play the terrain card I only have three unpinned men at Range Chit 4 in terrain that would give me the win. I am unable to rally my guy, and my opponent then plays Wire on to my wall. I then unpin my guy. So have I won or not?

I have four unpinned Personality cards in a non-infiltrated group at Range Chit 4 occupying any Terrain which will reduce the Fire Strength of an attack against them provided that attack comes from the group opposite.

I think I have, as the victory conditions don't specify it has to be all possible attacks, but I'd like to make sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Szarka
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
When it is your turn to send a VASSAL move, the wait is excruciating. When it's my turn, well, I've been busy.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes you have won. From the errata:

16.42 Would a Wire card on top of a Wall card negate that Group for Victory Conditions fulfillment if an opposing group exists which is not directly opposite it?
A. No. Even if no opposing group was directly opposite it to be affected by the TEM, the Wall card is not reduced to total ineffectiveness and, therefore, can be used to fulfill Victory Conditions. However, a Wall card cannot be used to fulfill Victory Conditions if there are two Wire cards on it. Similarly, an occupied Hill card with its +1 modifier cannot be used to negate the opponent's TEM for purposes of fulfilling Victory Conditions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Badger
England
London
Enfield
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yay!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Irving
United States
Salinas
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You did win in that situation, but one minor point: The victory condition is:
- four or more unpinned personality cards
- in one or more uninfiltrated groups
- at Range chit 4 in terrain that will reduce the Fire Strength of an opposing attack.

Note: Your opponent could foil your victory by infiltrating the group at range 4.

Or if he managed to kill off or rout the pinned man, you could still win by getting one or more men in another group to range chit 4 in good terrain (assuming the groups remain uninfiltrated.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Liljequist
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is "Range Chit 4" and relative range 4 the same? Or, do your units have to have range chit 4 on their group to satisify this. Sorry if dumb question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
k9mike wrote:
Is "Range Chit 4" and relative range 4 the same? Or, do your units have to have range chit 4 on their group to satisify this. Sorry if dumb question.
Range chit 4 means that the range chit in front of one of your groups is range chit 4.

Relative Range is a combination of two Range Chits (one from each side).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Liljequist
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. Wasnt sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.