Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
bryden
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do all trophy monsters gain the current event trophy effect?

The fanatic does not have a "base" trophy effect and must "wait" until an event appears to be able to cash in.

But what about the other trophy monsters? Do the bonuses stack or do they only get the trophy effect that is on the monster card?

Additionally, when cards are replenished the event may change and thus you need to decide immediately whether to use the trophy effect? I had read in the rules the sequence of events but the fate "wait" kind of through a wrench into things.

Do events and fate effects happen immediately upon coming off the top of the deck or do you wait until a particular point in your turn to trigger them? We have had some discussion over when cards should be turned and who is going to do it to lock in your turn decision.

A little help with this would be appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Essen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NoDicePlease wrote:
Do all trophy monsters gain the current event trophy effect?

The fanatic does not have a "base" trophy effect and must "wait" until an event appears to be able to cash in.

But what about the other trophy monsters? Do the bonuses stack or do they only get the trophy effect that is on the monster card?

Only the Fanatic can use the Event Trophy effect, all other Monster have just their own effect.

NoDicePlease wrote:

Additionally, when cards are replenished the event may change and thus you need to decide immediately whether to use the trophy effect? I had read in the rules the sequence of events but the fate "wait" kind of through a wrench into things.

Do events and fate effects happen immediately upon coming off the top of the deck or do you wait until a particular point in your turn to trigger them? We have had some discussion over when cards should be turned and who is going to do it to lock in your turn decision.

A little help with this would be appreciated.

Events and Fate effects are resolved immediately. In case of a new event you cannot decide to "cash-in" for the old one. It's gone. Same goes for fate, whatever is written happens immediately, for example cards that you would like have to acquire get banished when a certain fate monster (don't have the name) flips.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I must have misread the rules, but I thought you could cash in ANY trophy for the event trophy. Am I mistaken?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Leath
United States
OH
flag msg tools
badge
fyeahgamesandgrub.tumblr.com
mbmbmbmbmb
senorcoo wrote:
I must have misread the rules, but I thought you could cash in ANY trophy for the event trophy. Am I mistaken?

As airsonist said, you can only cash in the FANATIC for the Event Trophy. Each other monster will have a respective trophy effect that is listed on the card itself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sweet. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.