Subject: New cards and possibilities rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
William Hornblende
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone,

Zombie Plague is easily customizable and that's a very good point!
I try to add optional expansions to widen the game possibilities without breaking the game spirit and without making the game mechanics too heavy. They come mainly from the forum and file section but I try to gather the best ones (In My Opinion). I've added some too.
Some are in my modified (french) rules version which is pending moderation.Edit it's here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/75596/regles-modifiees...

Here is a list of the main differences with the original game (some are of course optional) :
- random and automated zombie arrival : with numbered squares on the edges of the board
-the cellar expansion
-flares expansion
-shorter game: barricade a room instead of the whole house
-the traitor expansion
-Arrival of 2 Z per turn
- 6AP for the HP, 3 for the Z
-No limit for the Z pool: every time a Z is placed on the board (from the pool or with event cards), if it is killed, it goes to the pool.
-HP can : move forward, forward through windows, backward, sideward, turn, barricade, break the barricade, attack, aim, stealth move, crouch to hide behind obstacles, search, exchange
It is easier to barricade/break a barricade if 2 HP are together too.
-the mind the baby extension!
-Zombie dogs (with the Zombie!!!4 minis) : They have 3 AP like other Z. But can use 1 AP to walk 2 squares forward and can cross squares with Z if end square is empty : faster but cannot break the barricades.
- Group life points=number of players, if someone dies -1 life point for the group, add 1 Z at the place of the dead HP, and add an other Z to the Z pool, if no life point remains, END OF GAME!
-wounds : life=number of AP. HP gets -1 life if undergoes a successful attack from a Z (dice : 5 or 6). There is still an other infection roll for the immediate zombification...
-carry a wounded HP by using X AP, X equals to the number of AP the carried HP has left.
- heal possibilities (self and other HP), difficult but easier with dedicated objects (first aid kit...)
-running into the job:HP can cross squares with Z. But each Z tries an attack. If success, -1 AP, 1 wound, and go back to the last empty space.
-How boring : for the hard core gamers only...
- Zombieland: place every Z from the Z pool on the board before the beginning of the game.

I'd like to add other victory conditions for the HP in order to make them exchange things more often and to have more interactions between players.
One idea is to have different characters with advantages and drawbacks, I am still working on it to find the good balance.

In this thread i'd like to deal with new cards.

I have made some new cards for Zombie Plague. Any idea is welcome!

-Thirst of Revenge : HP who has drawn this card has an other mandatory victory condition : from now on, he must kill 10 zombies to satisfy his thirst of revenge. If he dies, this condition is no more valid.

-Amok : HP who has drawn this card must from now on and until the end of his next turn, use all his AP to try to kill the closest human or zombie.

-I give up... : HP who has drawn this card must use all his AP to walk toward the closest zombie. If a zombie attacks him OR if an other HP faces him, he changes his mind and this card is no more valid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Hornblende
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have done extra cards for ZP.
Weapons arrrh :
- Hammer: Build a barricade for 0 AP. 6: Kills.
- Lawn mower: 1-2: Oups, 3-4-5-6: Kills (inspired by Brain dead)

Events:
- Search again: add one extra search place (the location depends on the map)
- The neighbours are coming : Add 2 zombies at the edge of the map
- Surprise-surprise: 2 new zombies appear near the HP who is searching...
- Pack of zombie dogs: add 3 zombie dogs at the edge of the map.zombie
Because I love those puppies!

Resident evil expansion: devil, only for the hardcore fans, use with the assault rifle, grenades and other good efficient weapons (or die...)
- Nemesis: add the Nemesis at the edge of the map, it has 3 AP, can cross an occupied case, breaks a barricade alone, requires 2 headshots to send it back to the Zombie pool.
- William Birkin, "G":add G at the edge of the map, he has 6 AP, can cross an occupied case, requires 2 headshots to send him back to the Zombie pool.

The "beautiful" gulp hand drawn cards are in my gallery for curious ZP players.I could probably make a digital version of these cards...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah
United States
Madison
WI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hornblende wrote:
- Lawn mower: 1-2: Oups, 3-4-5-6: Kills (inspired by Brain dead)

a.k.a "Dead Alive" in North America. Love that scene devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Hornblende
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Dead alive", my favorite Z movie with "shaun of the dead". And it is my favorite scene too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Hornblende
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've updated my file.

Differences with the first version:
- Use a new rule from the new ZP version: Zombie break barricades when they move and no more at the next turn. Terrific!

- Added movement rules for "automatic zombies". It clarifies how zombies behave. Included: extensive zombie objectives and how they hear and see their preys...zombie

Hear:
- 6 squares from low noise source (running HP)
- 10 squares from strong noise source (fight, other zombie chasing)
- all over the board if fire arm used or engine weapon used (for instance chainsaw).
Get around walls while counting the squares. Sound goes through barricades though).
See:
Infinite from the 3 squares in front of him (vision cone:3, 5, 7, 9 squares...). Don't see if HP hidden behind an object (crouch).

Reminder: in this version, more actions are available for HP: crouch, stealth move. It adds some tactical movements ninja and remains a light game (it is not a RPG). I've used it and it works! Stealth move instead of running? Hide behind bushes...

I love automatic zombies! Everyone plays against zombies (full cooperative game). I play all the time with zombie dogs (move faster=more dangerous outdoor), 6AP for HP, Group life points (no more boredom when HP is killed), wounds(calm down lucky hotheaded HP), no limit for the Zombie pool zombie, and custom event cards too arrrh.

Advice: Play the "Zombieland" rule with experienced gamers only, and/or with initial weapons for some HP (each HP draws a card before beginning the game, if it is a weapon: take it, if an event: no weapon). Without this the game may be very difficult...(Need to reach the search square but 3 zombies around it and no weapons... )
EDIT: The last version modifies the zombieland expansion in that way.

I've added individual rules summary for Human players.

Link/lien vers la nouvelle version des règles en français ici:
http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/75596/regles-modifiees-en-...
then choose/puis choisissez: ZP-Regles-FR-V2012-11-08.zip

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.