Subject: Munchkin madness! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Juul Paustian
Denmark
Hvidovre
flag msg tools
mbmb
More or less every boardgamer have had the pleasure, to play one more of Steve Jacksons Munchkin games. While some may enjoy the Munchkin series more than others, the gaming groups I’ve been part of (or still is) have all enjoyed a good Munchkin game, after some of the more serious games.
Munchkin is also one of the best way I can think of to introduce new people into a gaming group, since you have the ability to socialize while playing.

I haven’t had the chance to play all of the Munchkin games, and there are differently some I enjoy more than others. So it got me thinking.

Which Munchkin game do you prefer? and why?
(Munchkin Quest not included due to it no being a card game)

EDIT: I forgot to add the orginal Munchkin, so new poll. Sorry blush

Poll: Which Munchkin game do you prefer?
Which Munchkin game do you prefer?
Munchkin (Orginal)
Star Munchkin
Munchkin FU
Munchkin Bites
Super Munchkin
Munchkin Impossible
Munchkin Cthulhu
The Good, the Bad and the Munchkin
Munchkin Booty
Munchkin Zombies
Munchkin Axe Cop
      16 answers
Poll created by Paustian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RJD
United States
Quad-Cities
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You didn't leave an option for basic, vanilla Munchkin, which is the only version I've ever played.

(You probably won't get too many legit responses. A lot of the people here turn their noses up at Munchkin and consider it little better than Monopoly.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff C
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
The pen is mightier than a really small, blunt, and foam covered sword.
mbmbmbmbmb
I personally just love the original version. The net troll is probably my all time favorite card.
"He has no special powers, and he's really mad about it!"
I know Munchkin gets snubbed a lot because it is built around pure screwege, but I love it for taking me back to my days as a young geek playing DnD. It also is entertaining for my recovering fraternity/sorority friends and out of my league wife, who enjoy the fact that it pokes fun at fantasy gaming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Patten
United States
Cypress
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
No, no, I'm fine. How are you?
mbmbmbmbmb
As an owner of all the Munchkin card games, I have had the best success with Munchkin Fu and its expansion Monkey Business in the categories of people having fun things to do and the game finishing in a reasonable amount of time. There's always the infamous leader-bashing at level nine; after all, this is Munchkin, but in this one it passes quickly. Cthulhu Munchkin also seems well balanced but I haven't played it as much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Juul Paustian
Denmark
Hvidovre
flag msg tools
mbmb
UnluckyNumber wrote:
You didn't leave an option for basic, vanilla Munchkin, which is the only version I've ever played.

(You probably won't get too many legit responses. A lot of the people here turn their noses up at Munchkin and consider it little better than Monopoly.)

I cant belive I left the original Munchkin blush
It's one of my favorites too...
I have made a new poll ninja

To be honest I cant see why Munchkin is frowned upon. True it might not be the greasts game ever, but I find games with "loose" rules and silly themes as much fun as any other game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stijn
Belgium
Antwerpen
Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My favourite is actually blending cards of all Munchkins together. Because it makes the stack too tall however, we usually just shuffle everything together and then take about two inches high of cards of both the doors and the treasures.

Quote:
To be honest I cant see why Munchkin is frowned upon. True it might not be the greasts game ever, but I find games with "loose" rules and silly themes as much fun as any other game.

It's not strategic enough for hardcore gamers I've seen. That and some people consider themselves too good for the kind of Munchkin humour.

Mind you, I'm not blind to Munchkins failures. Game would be so much better IMO if it clocked in at half the time required to finish a game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RJD
United States
Quad-Cities
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Paustian wrote:
UnluckyNumber wrote:

I cant belive I left the original Munchkin blush
It's one of my favorites too...
I have made a new poll ninja

I've left my vote for the base game!

A lot of people here seem to dislike "take that!" style of cardgames, and Munchkin is one of the poster children for that sort of thing. My own favorite cardgame, Car Wars: The Card Game, (also from Steve Jackson Games!) is the same way: rated low and ever dissed (when someone brings it up at all that is... cry).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.