Subject: Any pointers for playing PBEM on Vassal rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Basem C
United Arab Emirates
Dubai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm about to start my first No Retreat PBEM game on Vassal and was wondering if someone could shed some light on how card play is handled.

Some cards, for example, can be played by non phasing player. How can this be done with PBEM? Any other special cases we should pay attendtion to?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McCormick
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's simple to interrupt a log and insert your actions into it. When you get to the point where you want to play a card during the other player's log, just click on Begin Logfile, name the logfile the next up in the sequence, and make your play/comments.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tuomo Syvänperä
Finland
Nahkela
Other (Non U.S.)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I made a few short and simple example logs of how to play NR via email. I can send them to you if you're interested. I made them for a few fellow geeks who I'm playing with right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Lai
Australia
Churchlands
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can also declare ahead of time when you may play a card. If you only have cards you can play during the combat phase - say so and the other player can blissfully do their turn up to combat.

Our logs usually go:

Player 1. Card draw->combat declaration, including playing attack cards
Player 2. Combat response, play counterblows, defense cards
Player 1. Resolves combat including using common sense to conduct defender retreats.
Player 2. Card draw->combat declaration.

As other's have mentioned, you can always roll back a log to the point of interrupt but this doesn't occur that often.

Have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tuomo Syvänperä
Finland
Nahkela
Other (Non U.S.)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I put the logs up on my website if anybody's interested. You can find the zip-file here: http://www.tollot.net/NR_PBEM_example.zip

Just load up the logs in numerical order and step through them.
Let me know if they're of any help. I will consider putting them up on the file page for NR if they are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Basem C
United Arab Emirates
Dubai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the help, guys!

Toumo, your files were definitely useful and would suggest you upload them in the files section as well.

Once my opponent is ready, we'll be on our way

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tuomo Syvänperä
Finland
Nahkela
Other (Non U.S.)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice to hear they were helpful. Maybe I will upload them to the files section then. Thanks and have fun, it's one heck of a game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.