Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ahmed Hadzi
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got the copy of the second edition. Opened it up to find bunch of banners folded due to packing, any idea or suggestion how to straighten those up?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Contemptus Mundi
United States
Cedar City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drop them into very hot/boiling water and set upright to dry. I did this with the entire set of figures.

I neglected to do that with the 1st edition figures, and painted them all with crooked flags... regretted it ever since!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristofer Bengtsson
Sweden
Kävlinge
flag msg tools
designer
War of the Ring: Official FAQ Master! Webmaster of www.warofthering.eu Author of the War of the Ring Companion
badge
- This is My Hour!
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Drop the figures in REALLY hot water, pick them up with some pincers and straighten them.

2. Drop them into some REALLY cold water.

3. Write to Ares customer support: http://www.aresgames.eu/contact-us
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Shinners
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
ahmedhadzi wrote:
Just got the copy of the second edition. Opened it up to find bunch of banners folded due to packing, any idea or suggestion how to straighten those up?

Hot, near-boiling water for 10 seconds, reshape the banner with some tweezers (or your fingers, if you can stand the heat - I'm a wuss, so I use tweezers), then cold water.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wiedewiet
Netherlands
Tilburg
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
Training field technicians at trade school level
badge
“The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it."
mbmbmbmbmb
ahmedhadzi wrote:

Folded banners? If you mean the plastic is bent somehow, you can straighten that out by submerging the figures in very hot water (don't burn yourself!) so the plastic goes weak. Straighten the figure while it's hot and quickly cool it off by holding it in (ice)cold water. The plastic will harden in the new, corrected position.

EDIT: WOW! Triple ninjaninjaninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chapman
United States
Powhatan
Virginia
flag msg tools
Axis & Allies Developer and Playtester; War of the Ring Editor and Playtester
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've found that the hot water-cold water method doesn't always work, but is worth a try. Sometimes the figures return to their bent condition over time. My experience is that if they straighten by themselves in the hot water they will stay, but if you have to bend them yourself they will not.

I believe this has to do with when the figure became bent. If it became bent while still hot from the mold, it's permanent. If it became bent from being smashed into the package, it's temporary. At least that's my theory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Engelhardt
Germany
flag msg tools
Happy Easter!
badge
Now go eat some chocolate!
mbmbmbmbmb
Here you'll find a good tutorial on the hot/cold water method.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr ?
United States
Midwest
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I ran hot tap water over mine and ALL of them straightened out, no cold water or bending followed. They are still straight...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.