Jason Sherlock
United States
Anaheim Hills
California
flag msg tools
badge
Admin @ www.cigargeeks.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been playing around with the modules that are on the vassal site. I had a final battle and cannot find where the module puts the epic battle Sinister Plot cards. Can anyone help me?

Also, if there are any other tricks to using this module, I would appreciate them. It is a little clunky, but great when I want to play on the road.

Also, I have made an Excel Spreadsheet summarizing the common items (since they have no test on in the Vassal module). Would people be interested in me posting this to the files section?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AKQJX
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jackalope wrote:
Also, I have made an Excel Spreadsheet summarizing the common items (since they have no test on in the Vassal module). Would people be interested in me posting this to the files section?

I can't help you with the Vassal modules because I'm just about to install it for the first time, but I'd be grateful for the spreadsheet because I have difficulty reading the tiny text on cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sherlock
United States
Anaheim Hills
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
funbelievable wrote:
jackalope wrote:

I can't help you with the Vassal modules because I'm just about to install it for the first time, but I'd be grateful for the spreadsheet because I have difficulty reading the tiny text on cards.

The text blows up when you put your cursor over it.

However,because of copyright agreements, there is no text at all on most of the common items.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AKQJX
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, I was referring to the difficulty of reading the text on the physical cards I have. I'm visually impaired. But if you've got the card texts in a spreadsheet I can use my computer's magnification to more easily read card text. It's purely for personal use and would not be used for Vassal. cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sherlock
United States
Anaheim Hills
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
funbelievable wrote:
Oh, I was referring to the difficulty of reading the text on the physical cards I have. I'm visually impaired. But if you've got the card texts in a spreadsheet I can use my computer's magnification to more easily read card text. It's purely for personal use and would not be used for Vassal. cool

You should check out the Arkham Horror Wiki. It lists all cards in the game (not just the common items). You could magnify them all that you want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Kirk
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jackalope wrote:
I have been playing around with the modules that are on the vassal site. I had a final battle and cannot find where the module puts the epic battle Sinister Plot cards. Can anyone help me?

I haven't used the Kingsport expansion for AH on VASSAL because I don't actually own it, but I downloaded the module for it and poked around to see if I could help. Keep in mind I'm using a Mac version here, so the buttons might be different if you're on Windows.

If you click on the Setup button in the toolbar across the top of the main Arkham Horror window, there's an option under there called Kingsport Box. When you click on it it opens up a new window with the contents of the Kingsport expansion box - there's a deck in there that looks like your Epic Battle cards. Is that what you're looking for?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sherlock
United States
Anaheim Hills
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
quasidimensional wrote:
jackalope wrote:

I haven't used the Kingsport expansion for AH on VASSAL because I don't actually own it, but I downloaded the module for it and poked around to see if I could help. Keep in mind I'm using a Mac version here, so the buttons might be different if you're on Windows.

If you click on the Setup button in the toolbar across the top of the main Arkham Horror window, there's an option under there called Kingsport Box. When you click on it it opens up a new window with the contents of the Kingsport expansion box - there's a deck in there that looks like your Epic Battle cards. Is that what you're looking for?

When you go into there, it gives the option to add the Sinister Plots for the specific ancient one to the Sinister Plots deck. Once I do that, they cards appear to leave the game forever. I assume that they have been moved somewhere, but I cannot find where. I have been through every pull down menu and board multiple times, but I am not seeing where they have been relocated to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.