Subject: solo rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
robin dean
Netherlands
Helmond
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
Is this game in any way playable solo? I really like this game but none of my friends like these card games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Esmanech
Italy
Milano
Milano
flag msg tools
designer
Dystopian:the manhunt: a worker placement game of investigation, murder and mystery, set in the futuristic megapolis of DYSTOPIA
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I play it solo.

I posted a flow chart for it.

I also came up with simplified solitaire rules.

In the files section, there is a (complicated) solo variant.

If you're interested, tomorrow, it's more time, I'll explain my solo variant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robin dean
Netherlands
Helmond
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
Please do explain. I really want this game but will only buy it if it is playable solo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Esmanech
Italy
Milano
Milano
flag msg tools
designer
Dystopian:the manhunt: a worker placement game of investigation, murder and mystery, set in the futuristic megapolis of DYSTOPIA
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, at least with my version, the solo experience is more trying out your newly built deck, then a full game, since your opponent (it's only joust, hence 1vs1, BTW) won't use locations and events.

Here is what I do:
Setup: take a deck, made only of characters and attachments and place it in front of you, leaving enough space for your play area. This deck will be our opponent's (that we'll call Dummy)
Place, on a side, the 7 plots.
Play your setup as normal, than, draw the first card from the Dummy's deck.
Does such card cost equal to or more then 5? If yes, ok, leave it. If not, draw another one, and ask yourself: is the sum of the played cards equal to or more then 5? If yes, ok, leave it. If not, draw another one, and ask yourself: ... Get it?

Turn: you reveal your plot, than flip the first the Dummy's plot card. If Dummy wins initiative, he begins.
Dummy doesn't have a hand of cards, so go to marshaling.
Give him the coins on his plot (plus any bonus given by characters), plus an extra coin per turn, beginning from the first turn, then start drawing cards like you did in setup (only, that this time, use the number of coins gained).

Example: dummy draws a plot that gives him 3 coins, 1 character gives him 1 coin, and we are at the 3rd turn, dummy plays cards from his deck, until he equals or exceeds 7 coins (3+1+3): this may even bring him to spend a lot more then 7 coins.

Challenges: you can do this by playing as the other player, or doing like this: starting from the type of challenge with the most participating characters, count their total strength. If it is equal to or higher than your potential defending characters, issue the challenge, if not, don't do it.
If the total strength is higher than your potentially defending characters, starting from the least expensive characters, start taking away characters from the attackers, until the attackers' strength is equal to or just barely over your potential defending characters'.
Do the same with the second and third cahllenge.
Dominance; stand; taxes, do it over.

Clear?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robin dean
Netherlands
Helmond
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
Ok, I think it's clear. Question is... is the game any fun in this way or just like you said, a tutorial test for your new playdeck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Esmanech
Italy
Milano
Milano
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have fun, as it is challenging since the Dummy usually has lots of characters, on the board.
You're certainly missing out on some card effects and player interaction: you're basically challenging.

With this, while I have beat Dragon-Targ and Core-Lannister, with my Wolves-Stark, i still can't to beat Lord-Heavy-Bara

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robin dean
Netherlands
Helmond
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
ok maybe I give it a try like this. hope that it's fun like this. thanks for your reaction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.