Ewan Anderson
United Kingdom
Ipswich
Suffolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
Simple one for you-
If Fenrir moves once, and is in a 1 lightning power zone, and is not calmed down by that first player, then the second player takes a turn, draws a card for Fenrir and moves him to the no. 2 lightning power zone, does he become more difficult for that second player to calm?

I ask this, as I have searched the rules section for this game, and found one particular answer that if Nidhogg moves him to a higher power level then- yes- he is more difficult to calm down, but what if he moves by himself, i.e. drawing 1,2,or 3 Fenrir cards in a row?

Thanks,
Ewan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a bit tricky. I can tell you how I'd rule it, but I don't know what is official.

I think you still need to calm him twice: once at the lower level and then once at the higher level. It's incredibly bad luck if the first player can't calm him on level 1....but it is what it is.

On a side note, we played a game recently where Fenrir came up 6 times in a row, and then as a finale, we flipped over his angry god card....and somehow we still managed to win the game (thank you Vanir).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew MacLeod
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
And when, exactly, are we playing Churchill again?
mb
An enemy is always at the strength (or effect level) as the zone he/she is in. So if Wolfie Boy crosses the 1 lightning bolt line into the two bolt zone, then yes, he's harder to calm!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ewan Anderson
United Kingdom
Ipswich
Suffolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys for the quick responses!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew MacLeod
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
And when, exactly, are we playing Churchill again?
mb
mfaulk80 wrote:

I think you still need to calm him twice: once at the lower level and then once at the higher level.

Not so. Fenrir only needs to be calmed once; but going into the next difficulty field will make it necessary to calm him with the greater difficulty level, not the one he started in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
amacleod wrote:

Not so. Fenrir only needs to be calmed once; but going into the next difficulty field will make it necessary to calm him with the greater difficulty level, not the one he started in.

Looked it up, and you're right on not calming him twice. The wording in the rules, however, make me think that you would calm him down at the lower level: "If Fenrir is taken from the stack as he is still angry, his counter moves forward but his effect does not apply." Although, I could see an argument either way. So basically....I dunno.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on all the replies and reasonings, and what I've remembered from the rulebook, I'd go with that too!

(calm him/it only once, but he's now at lv2 difficulty to calm)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anne-Cécile Lefebvre
France
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmb
Hello,

I am the publisher of Yggdrasil (Ludonaute).
The official answer to this point is that you have to calm Fenrir down only once but with the lvl 2 difficulty, as Andrew said

Kind regards,
Anne-Cécile
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.