Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Schloesser
United States
Jefferson City
TN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We convinced my wife Gail to join us for a hand of Reiner Knizia's It's Mine (which had been introduced to us by Peter Sarrett on his visit to New Orleans earlier this year).

The idea of the game is to grab cards which result in a positive score at the conclusion of the hand. The problem is that cards come in various values, many of which don't actually score unless you also have acquired a matching 'mate' for that card. (Example: 2 '6's', or 2 '5's'). There are also negative cards to watch out for, as well as bonus cards which can score impressive points if certain amounts are collected.

What really complicates things is that as cards are revealed, the first player to slap the table gets that batch of cards. These, however, must then be kept face down by him and the player is charged with the task of attempting to remember which cards he has collected so that he can maximize his total in future hands (similar to the idea used in Schnaeppchen Jagd). And since one can only hold three hands per round, one must be careful on when to slap the table and take a collection of cards.

Once everyone has collected three hands (or the cards expire), points are tallied from all three stacks. The player with the highest total wins the round. One must win two rounds to capture the game.

Eric won this one going away, capturing the first two hands with the following scores:

Round 1: Eric 22, Greg 19, Lenny 16, Gail 15
Round 2: Eric 62, Greg 37, Gail 25, Lenny 0

Ratings: All 7's.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.