R Moore
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
This user loves Easter eggs.
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a student of mine that I meet with periodicly. One of his favorite things to do in play board games. I had been teaching him Confrontation by letting him use a few advanced cards while not taking any myself.

He's been winning a bit too much so yesterday I decided to take him down a notch and we both played with advanced cards, full rules (no take backs or anything). The kid beat me 2 out of 3.

We started by playing the opposite side that we're used to, Sauron for me, Fellowship for him. One of the first things to happen, Gandalf noble sacrifices himself on my Spider with 6... my Troll gets Boromired.. and it just gets worse from there until we're at a standoff and I was left with no choice but to break my line and let Frodo through.

Second game, I reveal Gandalf fairly early basically the same opening move as his.. he "tells" a reaction with his wolf which I then send a dispatch force for. I have Frodo fairly close to the front lines and he hasn't moved any troops out of Mordor so he makes a few pushes towards the shire and I Shadowfax and hop Frodo into victory early in the game. He didn't like that, not expecting Frodo to be so far advanced.

Third game, I let him pick a side, he choses Sauron. I dunno how I missed this strategy but he led with the troll to distract me and then starts pushed Saurumon to the shire fairly early.. bypassing all my big guys and not letting me play any cards. He DESTROYED me. Then he recalls Sauron to Mordor and traps Frodo alone in the mountains with the Nazgul.

It was bitter. I was so proud of him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.