Subject: Victory points for tie rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
elvman s
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
In rulebook it says, that if colony has builders in it, player with the most colonists gets +4 victory points per builder, but player with the second most colonists gets +2 VPs per builder. Ties for first and seconds place are handled normally per the rules. What does this mean? Does it meant, that if I get tie for most colonists with another player, we both get only 2 points (as we normally would)? Or we each get +2 VPs per builder?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darcy Dueck
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Both tied players get 2 VP + 2 VP per builder present in the territory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
You can take my game… when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
I actually interpreted it the other way, that tied players are sharing first place and get +4/builder since the original rules say "If there is a two-way tie for first each player receives two points (and no second place VP’s are awarded)."

Of course, neither of the 2 examples in the rulebook show ties. Grrrr, stupid rulebook. devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darcy Dueck
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
soosy wrote:
"If there is a two-way tie for first each player receives two points (and no second place VP’s are awarded)."

Strange wording indeed, considering that two points IS the second place VP award.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ChelseaSquare wrote:
Strange wording indeed, considering that two points IS the second place VP award.

Necessary though, otherwise players would hand out 2 points to the tied players as first, and then hand out more to the player in second.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darcy Dueck
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If two players are tied for first, isn't the next player third? A player can't be second if there are two others ahead of him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.