Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Thibodeau
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Currently playing our first game. Everything went smoothly until I had enough quiddity to buy a mighty quake dragon... I don't get its burst powers.

*: quake dragon earns +1 defense
**: quake dragon gains +2 defense etc..

why not just print a higher defense value instead of adding +1 to the value already printed?? I mean wouldn't it be "easier" to print a defense value of 7 instead of having a base value of 6 and then add a +1 bonus?

Or is there something I'm missing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrés Santiago Pérez-Bergquist
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fardoche wrote:
Currently playing our first game. Everything went smoothly until I had enough quiddity to buy a mighty quake dragon... I don't get its burst powers.

why not just print a higher defense value instead of adding +1 to the value already printed?? I mean wouldn't it be "easier" to print a defense value of 7 instead of having a base value of 6 and then add a +1 bonus?

That would be the way to go, if that was the only card this type of die was used for. However, there are other dragon cards that have the same basic stats but provide different abilities for the bursts. It's a design compromise to let you have more varied monsters while keeping down the cost of producing the necessary dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Thibodeau
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Santiago wrote:
fardoche wrote:

That would be the way to go, if that was the only card this type of die was used for. However, there are other dragon cards that have the same basic stats but provide different abilities for the bursts. It's a design compromise to let you have more varied monsters while keeping down the cost of producing the necessary dice.

ah! that makes sense! I should have looked at the other quake dragons before asking...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.