Sandy Stumpf
United States
Gig Harbor
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, that's how my yellow cubes arrived as well. The plastic insert was also broken which was a bummer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Soonsin Lee
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I play with Blue
mbmbmbmbmb
I remember reading in an update that the game is supposed to have black pawns and black cubes but arrived here in the US with yellow pawns instead of black pawns but did have the black cubes. I am assuming that it was just easier to get the replacement yellow cubes then getting replacement black pawns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hank Panethiere
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JavaJoe96 wrote:
I remember reading in an update that the game is supposed to have black pawns and black cubes but arrived here in the US with yellow pawns instead of black pawns but did have the black cubes. I am assuming that it was just easier to get the replacement yellow cubes then getting replacement black pawns.

True..I read about that in the updates. I just assumed they would use the same source for the cubes and order the same ones as the others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
Yep, same here with the yellow and black cubes, and the variation in the production. I wouldn't consider it a deal-breaker, though.

Are the non-yellow cubes plastic, though? They still seem to be wood to me, just with a load of paint on them to make them feel a little more like plastic. At they very least, mine were all imperfectly- and dissimilarly-shaped, which suggests to me that they're wood.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandy Stumpf
United States
Gig Harbor
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Verkisto wrote:
Yep, same here with the yellow and black cubes, and the variation in the production. I wouldn't consider it a deal-breaker, though.

Agreed, definitely not a deal breaker for me either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Gelb
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think all the cubes are wood...just the yellow are different.

This changes the game in no way whatsoever.

Also, I threw out the insert right away. Its definitely not needed, and meant just for shipping/professionalism.

It stores better without it, imo, especially with the expansion cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.