Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Linneman
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a neutral imp on the mixed food space in setup. The rules also say to add a second imp to block the action space that is "three spaces away from it (following the arrows)." This would be the vegetable space. However, the diagram indicates that it should actually be the artifact space, which is two spaces away. This is also indicated where it says not to add any artifacts to the board in round one. Is this just a misprint? Should the imps be two spaces away for the food tents/artifacts only? The other areas seem to be correct at three spaces away.

Also, am I correct to assume that the small squares in the area with the Potions and Platform are just there so that only one of these spaces is blocked each round? The small squares are not playable by the actual players, correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Linneman
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I answered my own question. The small squares with arrows inside them are actually counted as spaces. Everything makes sense now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah Allen
United Kingdom
Carlisle
Cumbria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep. And importantly, the neutral imps stand on those little spaces in rounds where they move onto them. So sometimes a neutral imp won't actually be blocking an action space available to players.

We were briefly confused on exactly the same point the first time we set up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Linneman
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I actually did as the rules suggested and skipped the part on preparing for the start of a round (since you do it all for the first turn in setup.) But this is where it explains about the dummy action spaces.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.