John Roach
United Kingdom
Ellesmere Port
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

There is a user currently selling games whose last 3 feedbacks are negative as he takes payment but the games do not arrive.

I have requested to BGG that the user be prevented from selling and trading on the site but in the meantime I urge you to check feedback before buying/trading.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good advice, but I figured everybody checked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Dearborn Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Fizzgig need food badly!
badge
Click on Fizzgig to feed him a tasty snack. Nom, Nom, Nom!
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, yeah. Thought that was an obvious thing to do.

Sorry to hear you got burned though. I hate buttheads like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Briggs
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hopefully this person will ship or be pressured to ship or post an explanation of the delay. This is a nice feature of the forum, it helps to self police.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franziska
Wales
Cardiff
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't check To trusting... I really should..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Roach
United Kingdom
Ellesmere Port
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
javapuzzles wrote:
Hopefully this person will ship or be pressured to ship or post an explanation of the delay. This is a nice feature of the forum, it helps to self police.

I was burned over 6 months ago. The guy did not respond to my e-mails or Paypal's after I took out a dispute with them. Paypal got my money back and BGG did stop him selling on the site for a while but he is back ripping people off again. I would happily name him but if I did then I am sure the admins would delete this post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Warren
United Kingdom
Wisbech
CAMBRIDGESHIRE
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Elves are very good at board games, and I'm NOT an elf!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Phoenixgeek wrote:
I would happily name him but if I did then I am sure the admins would delete this post.

They might well do, but in the interest of the community, I would name him anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly N.
United States
Richmond
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Finding feedback ratings should be much more intuitive than it is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Grey
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there any reason you can't name him? There is a bad trader list. Should have a bad seller list, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
Phoenixgeek wrote:
javapuzzles wrote:

I was burned over 6 months ago. The guy did not respond to my e-mails or Paypal's after I took out a dispute with them. Paypal got my money back and BGG did stop him selling on the site for a while but he is back ripping people off again. I would happily name him but if I did then I am sure the admins would delete this post.

Alert the appropriate admin anyway. GM him the name privately. I don't know who it is but expect it would be Octavian.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Roach
United Kingdom
Ellesmere Port
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I contacted Octavian before I posted this thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Roach
United Kingdom
Ellesmere Port
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have just checked and the user now has no games for sale on BGG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott M.
United States
Winter Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Honestly this thread has no real value at all other than being a PSA with some drama sprinkled on top.

Since the offending person was not named and all we got was advice to check feedback.

BY not naming the theif your not helping the community but you are helping that bastard in a roundabout way by keeping him hidden!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stokes
United States
Chatham
Illinois
flag msg tools
BoardGameGeek
badge
BoardGameGeek
mbmbmbmbmb
atraangelis wrote:
Honestly this thread has no real value at all other than being a PSA with some drama sprinkled on top.

Since the offending person was not named and all we got was advice to check feedback.

BY not naming the theif your not helping the community but you are helping that bastard in a roundabout way by keeping him hidden!

Had he named the guilty party, people would have just paid attention to that user. By not naming the dishonest seller, it cause everyone to check out the sellers before they buy, which they should already be doing. I appreciate the reminder that everyone is not as honest as most people on the geek.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cool User
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Biomage wrote:
atraangelis wrote:

Had he named the guilty party, people would have just paid attention to that user. By not naming the dishonest seller, it cause everyone to check out the sellers before they buy, which they should already be doing. I appreciate the reminder that everyone is not as honest as most people on the geek.

I agree, there's value in this thread. I usually don't check seller feedback and this is a good reminder. Of course, if I didn't find any value in this thread I would've just moved along without accusing the OP of abetting wrongdoing....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim F
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Who knew trench warfare could be such fun?
badge
Ashwin in front of Tiger 131
mbmbmbmbmb

I always check feedback rating and if there isn't any I have a look at their contributions on the geek, if they have geek buddies etc... That still isn't a guarantee though.

That said, sometimes you just have to take a punt and hope it's ok. I do always insist on paypal so I have some comeback if they don't deliver.

Maybe BGG could be a bit more pro-active in settling disputes. If someone is selling on the site and not sending games essentially that's fraud. If it happens once you can argue family circumstances. Twice and it's criminal, no excuses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runs with scissors
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
The die is cast.
badge
You say OCD like it's a bad thing.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

It's an old list, but here's the bad trader list. Admin's haven't deleted it in the past when names have been added to it.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/17839

Please also make sure that you contact Octavian (admin). He was helpful when I was in a similar situation. (Sorry missed your comments about this.)

I'd make sure you've done everything that you can with Octavian before posting a name to the list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Full
United States
Vienna
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reminder. I have always been pretty trusting and never checked feedback before.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
The OP did the correct thing. Take disputes to the admins privately and let us handle it. Use the feedback system. Don't call out other users in the forums.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duke
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DUHshake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanks Alot
United States
Fort Mill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
go2 Youtube Historical Gaming
mbmbmbmbmb
One thing I hate is if I give someone a bad rating, they can rate me bad back in return. Once, I had a bad trade and I rated him poorly, and he turned around and rated me bad poorly as well ...

*edited for the grammar lawyer ;)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
charlescab wrote:
One thing I hate is if I give someone a bad rating, they can rate me bad back. I had give me a bad trade and I rated him poorly and he turned around and rated me bad...

same problem w/ ebay.

in case anyone couldnt follow the OP - what i am saying is that people can not leave negative feedback whether its as a buyer or seller without the very real possibility that you will get negative feedback in return.

this is a major issue for most small sellers where even a few negative comments will cause people to buy from other sellers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duke
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had give me a bad trade

Was he rating your grammar?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanks Alot
United States
Fort Mill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
go2 Youtube Historical Gaming
mbmbmbmbmb
And you wonder why I have such trouble reading rules :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.