Subject: Self-Destruction & Sick-Bay rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Till
Germany
Deutschland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't understand how the Self-Destruction loyalty card is supposed to work. The text says:

Self-Destruction -- Action: Reveal this card if you are in the "Brig" or "Sickbay."

So, if a character is in sick bay, the character draws one skill card, then in the movement step usually steps out of sickbay and then therefore is no longer able to play Self-Destruction, right?

So, this gives us two options:

Either, some other player has to waste his turn to play an XO on you, which in turn you have to waste to play your action on the loyalty card (and still do not get out of sb) OR a player can choose to stay in sickbay in his movement step and then in the action step play the action. This would lose him 8 skill cards, as he stays in sb for two-consecutive turns - also a big bummer.

I have a feeling I get the card wrong, as this seems way too crippling for human players imho.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Decadence wrote:
I don't understand how the Self-Destruction loyalty card is supposed to work. The text says:

Self-Destruction -- Action: Reveal this card if you are in the "Brig" or "Sickbay."

So, if a character is in sick bay, the character draws one skill card, then in the movement step usually steps out of sickbay and then therefore is no longer able to play Self-Destruction, right?

So, this gives us two options:

Either, some other player has to waste his turn to play an XO on you, which in turn you have to waste to play your action on the loyalty card (and still do not get out of sb) OR a player can choose to stay in sickbay in his movement step and then in the action step play the action. This would lose him 8 skill cards, as he stays in sb for two-consecutive turns - also a big bummer.

I have a feeling I get the card wrong, as this seems way too crippling for human players imho.

Or you take the morale hit. You have to decide which is better. So do you take the morale hit at the end of the game potentially losing it for the humans, or do you waste the turn/skill cards to reveal this?

They are putting a heavy price on it but you have the option to pay the morale loss. Also you can cut your losses in half by convincing others you are human by playing this so that they can XO you after it is revealed and you won't loss the next batch of skill cards.

All game dependent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In addition to the points already made, there are meta-gaming cases too, like if u,re trying to get a cylon card when revealing a PG at 6 or less dist, or to show youre (more) loyal at 7 or more distance

Another case where it flows more seemlesif u get sent to sb fue to an Ally effect... Thats at the end of your movement step, so could still usr action toreveal that PG do it wont be as awkward as 2 XOs

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Till
Germany
Deutschland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, so I read it correctly and it is just a very annoying card for the humans ;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Decadence wrote:
Thanks, so I read it correctly and it is just a very annoying card for the humans ;-)

Yes, most of them are!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.