Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
William Smith
United States
Unspecified
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Having trouble with 7th Level quest from Kazad Dum. With all the low levels enemy quickly deploying(often through Shadow Card effect) I find myself overwhelmed early. Any suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oleg volobujev
msg tools
mbmb
PKDuke wrote:
Having trouble with 7th Level quest from Kazad Dum. With all the low levels enemy quickly deploying(often through Shadow Card effect) I find myself overwhelmed early. Any suggestions?

Seventh level can be very tricky with you. Difficult 3 but many times can be much more difficulty then Carrock or DM or HFG or Anduin.

If you play with lore use your lore heroes for defend with B brand. This helps a lot.
Dont be rush for second quest 2b cose there is 1 more additional enemy can come in the end of staging( by effect of 2b quest card). You must have some allies already to deal with that.

Beware Watchfull Eyes. Try to keep Test of will in your hand to cancel it. Otherwise you will get more encounter cards every round. this can be deadly easy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean
United States
Mechanicsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
I don't want happiness by halves, nor is half of sorrow what I want. Yet there's a pillow I would share, where gently pressed against a cheek like a helpless star, a falling star, a ring glimmers on the finger of a hand.
mbmbmbmbmb
I beat it with Dain, Beravor and Gimli. I basically beef up Gimli with some attachements and add the 3 dwarven axemen. Gondorian spearmen are helpful too. Tactics deal with the orcs when they come around. Beravor's card draw in the early game is essential because lore has a number of low cost dwarves. Once you have a few dwarves in play then Dain's ability to beef up their questing is awesome. Also Iron Hills Miner can deal with that pesky Watchful Eyes. I have the Steward of Gondor and some of the leadership Dunedain cards to supplement the heroes, and the Orc slayer works well with the Gondorian spearmen.
As Oleg mentioned, the second quest card is when the enemies start to fly out so build up your allies first before going in there. It took me a couple of tries to build this deck but I beat the scenario twice in a row then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Fanchi
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Using Thalin and Gondorian Spearmen is another good way to kill all the two hit point goblins, and Boromir's readying ability is handy to deal with the swarms. Prince Imrahil could be effective for readying when your meatshields are killed off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.