Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Henry Allen
United States
Astatula
FLORIDA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The box art for the new printing looks different and the expansion cards are included. Are there any other differences?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
johny uffels
Netherlands
zwolle
flag msg tools
I would like to know to !

because I could buy the old version with expansion for much cheaper .price

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think they finally fixed up the wording on Bob.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Allen
United States
Astatula
FLORIDA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I went ahead and picked up the new edition, these are differences that I noticed:

- The colors of the player pieces are improved. My first edition yellow and orange look VERY similar and are easily confused. Also, the red player piece looks a bit like the orange card. The 2nd edition is much better in this regard ... yellow, orange, and red are all easily distinguishable and match the corresponding cards. The pink piece still is a different shade of pink from the card (the card is much lighter) but that one is not confusing, particularly with all of the others being so clear.
- Bob is indeed clarified. I think he is even different than he was in the expansion? He now always needs 5 equipment to win but he has different abilities depending on the number of players. I think for 4-6 players, he can take an equipment when he does 2 or more damage to someone. For more players, he can take all equipment when he kills someone.
- The four sided die is different. It has the number on on the base instead of the top of each face. This is kind of amusing because the rules take the time to explain how to read a four sided die but they have not been updated to reflect this different style (e.g., they still say to read the number on 'top' which is no longer correct).
- The board no longer has character names printed on every space, it just has the letters. Except for Allie, that one name is still printed on the board for some reason. At first I thought it was an error but it could be intentional to hint that the rest of the letters correspond to character names.
- A couple of the white cards have some yellow text on them. This was very difficutlt to read in the old edition (or maybe just in the replacement cards that came in the expansion?). The yellow on white is much easier to read in the new printing (the yellow is closer to orange and fairly dark).
- There is still one expansion card that leaves off a character name (I think it was the one listing characters with HP greater than 12).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.