William Smith
Canada
Whitby
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played one game so far - the first scenario. I'm about to start the second scenario, but a couple of questions come to mind that are holding me up:

- in one of the session reports (Scenario 2: The Barricade - Apocalypse +26 A solo session), the writer states that he places
Quote:
Beck to the north building, and Bank in the south. This gives the two grunts (Beck and Bank) an advantage for die rolls

It makes sense to me that there would be some advantage to being in a building, but I can see no mention of it in the rule book or the FAQ. It is quite possible that I've overlooked it. What die roll advantage does one gain from being in a building?

[edit:] I think I've found the answer for this in the "being charged reaction test" table. "Pass 1d6: Those in rough or building hexes will fire and then melee." So if I am in a building, I gain the benefit that if I only pass 1d6 on this reaction test, I will fire and then melee (as opposed to melee only.) Correct?

- If being in a building does confer some advantage, can all of my survivors camp out in the redoubt?

- Does the "in sight reaction test" only apply to enemy (human) survivors, or can it apply to zombies? ie., if a zombie that was out of sight moves into my LOS and within six hexes, do I get a chance to fire off at them as a reaction?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the session report is saying Tonya goes in the crossroad, and Bank and Beck go to either side of her. That happens to put Bank in the building, but that's not what gives an advantage. Because the grunts are next to Tonya (a Star), they can use her Rep to activate. I'm not sure what else he is referring to, I think it's probably an honest mistake. The only advantage conferred is initiative, and only for activation.

Being in a building means a survivor cannot run when charged (including Stars). That is obviously a mixed advantage if charged by a bunch of zombies.

In sight reaction tests only apply to enemy survivors. If they applied to zombies the game would be to too chaotic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Smith
Canada
Whitby
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Mark, and that answers my questions nicely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.