Ben Holle
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
I have managed to fit the base game and the Leaders expansion, all sleeved, in the base game box - but barely. I don't think it will hold another expansion.

A simple solution would be if the box/insert with the Cities expansion is big enough to hold all of them with sleeves. I would be willing to pay more for this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B. Downey
United States
Suitland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You could always dumb the insert and store everything in bags/rubber bands/amazo tape/other solutions.

Mine has more than enough room for another expansion or two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Day
United Kingdom
Lee
LONDON
flag msg tools
Oi!
badge
That tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
I was told last week that the box will be the same size as with leaders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mychal
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jond wrote:
I was told last week that the box will be the same size as with leaders.

I'm actually excited to hear this. I'm currently putting everything (unsleeved) into the Leaders box, and it's a tight fit. Now I'll be able to throw the tokens and wonder boards in one expansion box, and the cards into the other. Even though it's two boxes, combined they're still smaller than the original box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antoine Bauza
France
Valence
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cities Box Size = Leaders Box Size

Antoine
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Holle
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
toinito wrote:
Cities Box Size = Leaders Box Size

Antoine

@Antoine - Thanks for the heads up. I figured that would be the case.

@Matt - I considered ditching the insert but I would like everything to not be able to 'roll around'. I am mobile with this game a lot and don't want to ding up corners of cards/boards.

I might have to check into these tuck-box solutions people come up with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sol Kanar
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
a great idea might be a luxury box planned for the entire game (base + all extensions) once all the extensions will be published.

Of course with compartiements with the size of Sleeves Deck !

Antoine, if you come back here, feel free to submit the idea to Repos Prod.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Brown
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mb
Why not just make the box yourself?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antoine Bauza
France
Valence
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mormorod wrote:
a great idea might be a luxury box planned for the entire game (base + all extensions) once all the extensions will be published.

Don't worry, I have a lot of ideas for deluxe sets. But it's a bit too early for that
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kito Impsta
Finland
flag msg tools
mb
bholle wrote:

A simple solution would be if the box/insert with the Cities expansion is big enough to hold all of them with sleeves. I would be willing to pay more for this.

And could you make a big box that will fit 7 Wonders, all the expansions and Ghost Stories and all its expansions in so that i can keep both games together.
I'm sure that BGG user b holle would be willing to pay for this for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Holle
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
K P Impsta wrote:
bholle wrote:

And could you make a big box that will fit 7 Wonders, all the expansions and Ghost Stories and all its expansions in so that i can keep both games together.
I'm sure that BGG user b holle would be willing to pay for this for me.

Touche, my friend!

I suppose not all people would make use of a box/insert that could contain all sleeved cards and would prefer to not subsidize those who do.

But I bet many people would like this feature.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sol Kanar
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
toinito wrote:
Mormorod wrote:

Don't worry, I have a lot of ideas for deluxe sets. But it's a bit too early for that

Nice !! Of course 7 expansions = 7 years. So 2017 for the big deluxe box

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
bholle wrote:
I have managed to fit the base game and the Leaders expansion, all sleeved, in the base game box - but barely. I don't think it will hold another expansion.

You're doing something wrong.

I've currently got the base game and Leaders in the leaders box. Both are sleeves in premium sleeves. It's a perfect, snug fit (although to be fair, I do leave out the scoring pads; but they're the only things I leave out).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Riley
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
As the son of a Mets fan, there was no way I could move to Los Angeles and root for the Lakers.
badge
The best NBA team on paper, for 6 years running.
mbmbmbmbmb
The box from Carcassonne The Tower works quite nicely for Base Game plus Leaders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Morris
United States
Newtown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Asmor wrote:
You're doing something wrong.

I've currently got the base game and Leaders in the leaders box. Both are sleeves in premium sleeves. It's a perfect, snug fit (although to be fair, I do leave out the scoring pads; but they're the only things I leave out).

Ditto. I also have all the promos, and small rules handouts. With Cities, I'm probably going to need to put everything in the base box, or build a custom solution.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.