Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Ricchiazzi
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Received this game in the mail earlier in the week. Have been very excited to try this out since seeing Tom Vasel's review.

I played two games with my cousin, who games but isn't a gamer (ya know the type).

Learning the rules was pretty painless. I'd say overall easier than Yomi, which is a game that tries to seem simpler than it really is.

We chose basic-level characters for both games.

First game:
Myself - Hikaru
Opponent - Cadenza

This game went very slow as we were stepping through the rules slowly. After the initial beat went my way, Cadenza proceeded to come on strong the rest of the match. As both Hikaru and Cadenza have to get fairly close to do damage, most beats would have myself winning priority but unable to overcome the Stun Guard of Cadenza. Eventually he just whittled me down and finished me off with a 7 damage final attack. I suppose in hindsight I should've made much better use of the water token to keep away. He ended the game with about 10 life left.

Second game:
Myself - Luc
Opponent - Magdelina

I started aggressive here because I knew Magdelina was going to gain levels (even if I wasn't sure exactly how), so I figured I'd need to get in and do some damage. Luckily my cousin isn't one for patience and so he tried to come out swinging as well and that allowed me to take a substantial early lead. This slowed greatly as Magdelina gained levels and became much more powerful. At around lvl 3/4 I was beginning to lose priority for most beats. Right before she hit 4 I used my 5-token power to stun her and get a decent attack in, keeping my advantage going. She had around 3 life when she hit lvl 4. With some precise spacing I was able to let her miss and get in to finish her off before she hit me. I ended this game with around 8 or so life.

One thing we forgot to do many beats was move the time track up, but other than that, things flowed well.

All in all it was quite fun and I'm definitely looking forward to my next play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Robben
United States
Spring Hill
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I matched up Cadenza vs. Magdelina last night.

I tried to move/run while I gained levels on turns 1 & 4. Cadenza slowly whittled away...

When I was level 3, I had a good upperhand on my clockwork wife and beat her a bit. But some costly miscalculations on my part, in regards to range, had me caught with my, err, pants down.

Cadenza finished me off while I was level 4 on turn 13 (or 14?).
It was a close battle, what with the Knight down to 3 health as well.
He is one tough mutha!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.