17 Posts

Tumblin-Dice» Forums » General

Subject: Is this available anywhere currently? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin
msg tools
mbmbmb
Is this still being distributed or going to be reprinted anytime soon? I know there is http://www.tumblin-dice.com/ but it doesn't look like its been updated in a while and has a 2006 copyright on it. This looks like a fun dexterity game to play with friends in either the normal or jr editions but any store I look at online doesn't have it in stock.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's somewhat pricey, but you can buy it from Eagle Games:

http://www.eaglegames.net/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=GRY...

It also depends on which version you want - this is the newer design. I would suggest staying away from any Junior version you may find - they're much smaller and not as much fun as the larger versions (imho ).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for the link though that's more than I'd want to pay. The only reason I looked at the junior version was cause its cheaper.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Killoran
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FWIW, I've got the junior edition and I enjoy it. 2 player only. I have never played the larger game, so I cannot say how it compares.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing against the junior version...it's just that I think this game gets better the more players there are (I've even added 4 more sets of dice to my game so I can play 8 ).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Berg
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I cannot recommend enough the larger version. The reason being is that it plays well beyond the base game of just four players.

As recommended in an earlier thread, get extra sets of 16mm dice here (do NOT get the ones with rounded corners):

http://www.thegamestore.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=16mm+op...

I'll often play the game with eight players and it's a blast (it has been a huge hit with my family - immediate and extended - as well as at my church). Yes, it's expensive...and it is worth it. The cheapest I was able to find it was about $60, so at that level, $75 is not that much more and the shipping is free when ordered from Eagle Games. Given how it can't be found anywhere now, I suspect once the remaining copies are gone from Eagle Games, that's it. Buy it while you can.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Sittel
United States
Bellevue
Nebraska
flag msg tools
designer
I admit it... I am a Euro-gaming snob.
badge
I'm addicted to racing 'round the cones (autocross).
mbmbmbmbmb
"Games and More" in Des Moines Iowa has a lone copy of it for $79.99, saw it there on May 6.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manchuwok
Canada
Mission
BC
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I play the Jr. version all the time with up to 8 players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Tete Montoliu - Tootie's Tempo
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
People are paying that much and more for regular games these days. That Eagle Games Tumblin' Dice game is built like a piece of furniture. I bought one a couple of years back, and it comes out just about everytime the family gets together. I've recorded more plays for it than any other game I own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Miller
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
Wow you hovered. I'm honored.
badge
My Dog Has Fleas
mbmbmbmbmb
Interestingly it looks like there is now a Tumblin' Dice Medium as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grady
United States
Oak Ridge
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
$75 seems way overpriced for what this is.

I'd love to make my own version, but just don't know the measurements. Has anyone seen any type of plans for building one at home?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wondering whether you could still find this anywhere as most of the major US online game stores are out of stock. It doesn't look like the Gryphon Games version has been produced recently. But the older Ferti version I did see available on Amazon for $60, as well as from a different seller on eBay for the same price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Hennessy
United States
Newnan
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Www.timewellspentgames.com has the Ferti version in stock for 69.95

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blake Stetson
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mb
My used copy is going up on eBay tomorrow at 3:00PST. Auction starts at 30$ with free shipping. I don't have an item number yet, but it should be the only Tumblin Dice auction on there tomorrow.

blake.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Silver Bowen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Woo! Gonna get some
badge
44, that's me!
mbmbmbmbmb
I emailed Eagle/Gryphon. They have imported French Ferti versions available at https://www.eaglegames.net/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=EG... $90, but shipping is included. They said that they haven't decided whether to reprint the Gryphon version, but if they do it won't be available until the end of 2013.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Crane
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know what the differences are with the Ferti edition?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam McKinnie
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
Just ordered once from timewellspent games, says they only have one left.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.