Dominion» Forums » Rules

Subject: Kings Court-durations rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Garrett Thurlow
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
Is just the 'now' part tripled, or is the next turn part tripled too?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Brendel
United States
Dunwoody
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The whole card was "played" three times, so you will get the next-turn benefits three times, but you'll also have to leave out the King's Court to remind you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett Thurlow
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Judd
United States
Wright City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Squidd wrote:
The whole card was "played" three times, so you will get the next-turn benefits three times, but you'll also have to leave out the King's Court to remind you.

Things get really confusing with King's Court-King's Court-Duration-Duration-Duration, though. I believe that Donald X's most recent ruling is that during the cleanup phase only one of the King's Courts is left out with the durations while the other gets discarded, but you still get the King's Court effect on all 3 of the duration cards on your next turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Judd
United States
Wright City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Seaside FAQ, page 4, "Additional Rules for Seaside", paragraph 2:
Quote:
If you play or modify a Duration card with another card, that other card also stays in your play area until it is no longer doing anything. For example if you play Throne Room on Merchant Ship, both cards stay in play until the Clean-up phase of your next turn. The Throne Room stays in play to remind you that you are getting the effect of Merchant Ship twice on that next turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Taylor
United States
Katy
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Beaveman wrote:
Squidd wrote:

Things get really confusing with King's Court-King's Court-Duration-Duration-Duration, though. I believe that Donald X's most recent ruling is that during the cleanup phase only one of the King's Courts is left out with the durations while the other gets discarded, but you still get the King's Court effect on all 3 of the duration cards on your next turn.

Do you have a link to this? The last I heard if you KC-KC-more than 1 duration you had to leave both out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Stuart
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I never knew the King's Court or Throne Room had to stay out. Is that officially in the rules? That means if I shuffle before cleanup, I wont be able to use my Court/Room action until the following shuffle, which would make me sad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Judd
United States
Wright City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mb
DTaylor wrote:
Beaveman wrote:
Squidd wrote:

Do you have a link to this? The last I heard if you KC-KC-more than 1 duration you had to leave both out.

Oops - scratch that. I was confused by the KC-KC-KC-multiple durations issue in which Donald X. did flip flop back and forth on a little and I got that mixed up with KC-KC-durations. Relevant thread here: (esp. pages 2 and 3)
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/456393/throne-room-durat...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Judd
United States
Wright City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mb
wizcreations wrote:
I never knew the King's Court or Throne Room had to stay out. Is that officially in the rules? That means if I shuffle before cleanup, I wont be able to use my Court/Room action until the following shuffle, which would make me sad.

My earlier post has the rules posted as appears in the Seaside FAQ.
Beaveman wrote:
Seaside FAQ, page 4, "Additional Rules for Seaside", paragraph 2:
Quote:
If you play or modify a Duration card with another card, that other card also stays in your play area until it is no longer doing anything. For example if you play Throne Room on Merchant Ship, both cards stay in play until the Clean-up phase of your next turn. The Throne Room stays in play to remind you that you are getting the effect of Merchant Ship twice on that next turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Stuart
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I guess I need to read my rulebooks again. Thanks for the heads up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.