Lex G
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Not that it was a bad thing. We all had a blast, and it was hilarious how many times they dropped the pickaxe trying to fend off a single zombie. The amount of 10s rolled by the investigators was amazing. Walter scurried off to explore while the others attempted to kill a zombie, and he came back a couple turns later brandishing the carbine, brass knuckles, and a tcho-tcho amulet! The horror aspect wasn't there at all due to how much the investigators were just utterly failing. It was completely hilarious, and we had a lot of fun.

However, there were some hiccups.

I chose A for every setup question, which resulted in the objective being the Shoggoth absorbing zombies. Meanwhile the investigators had to kill the Shoggoth.

When the second event occured, it was Brady's head telling them there's a way out, and revealing the escape route via the hidden passageway. I know I could put it at either of the three options, but really regardless of where I put it, it seems to the investigators that their objective is to escape.

Why is Brady's Head left over as one of the randomly placed cards? The clues and events mention the head scurrying about and dropping the machete and such, but if you've found the head already randomly and have him as an ally that makes little sense.

With my objective being the absorption of corpses by the shoggoth, and the shoggoth not even showing up until the third event card, it leaves little for me to do other than spawn some zombies and hope the investigators don't take them out before the shoggoth shows up.

Was I doing something wrong in this scenario? Everything pointed the investigators to escape, while their actual objective was to kill the shoggoth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Grant
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
feed me GeekGold
mbmbmbmbmb
Played this expansion for the first time last night. I also chose A for all the setup questions as I was in a bit of a rush to set up. Unless I have made the same mistake I think you were correct.

Spoiler (click to reveal)

It seems a bit bizarre that you add an escape route and then they don't need to escape. It seemed to throw the investigators off the scent and I think they believed they would have to escape before the time ran out.

They were barely at the 3rd clue by the time I had managed to summon the Shoggoth and it was an easy keeper win to be honest. I don't see how the investigators would have time to find clue 1 and the cure card before the Shoggoth has been summoned and absorbed 4 zombies. Especially as you can keep reanimating corpses that are a constant nuisance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bazil Khiznjak
Ukraine
Kiev
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Played today all setup A.
After I summoned Shoggot and started to absorb Zombies. Players guessed what`s going on an two of them started to shoot of zombies and force shoggot to go far away from ladder and dead bodies. Any way keeper won. Wile investigator loose turns on silly movement around.

About the escape route that don`t even think about moving there as the saw that there were just uncovered lock card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.